Tobe

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the one piece suits from TOBE? thinking I might go that route this year as something different, Im used to stupid coveralls from the oilfield so cant be much different. Wondering what their product is like for venting and water proofness and durability.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good gear for sure I like mine.. I dont have the onesie Im always too hot

water proof and durable fits good

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GREAT GEAR! They do fit big/baggy, but I like the fit. I find it is big enough to move freely, and wear armour underneath without feeling like it is affecting the fit of your outer layer, but not too baggy that it hinders movement because you have your crotch hanging down around your knees. I don't have the onesie, but my pants and jacket zip together for a similar effect. I very rarely get snow down my ass, unless it comes in through the neck.
Plenty of waterproofness, I only ended up getting wet where I had a hole in the knees from my running boards. This year I'm buying the pants that have the kevlar reinforcement on the knees.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to the size chart I should be a large but wondering if I should go xl just in case, but worried about the legs being to long and then standing on them wearing em out and having the crotch like you said hanging low etc.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to the size chart I should be a large but wondering if I should go xl just in case, but worried about the legs being to long and then standing on them wearing em out and having the crotch like you said hanging low etc.
What is your chest and waist size, and how tall are you?

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chest not sure but have wide shoulders, 5'10" and waist is about 46-48

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 46" chest, and a 36" waist, and I'm 6 ft. I have a large in both jacket and pant. The pants I have cinched up as tight as the adjustment will allow and they are still a little roomy, I could have possibly gone with a Medium. The measurements they give on the site are large, and if I went by chest size, I'd be in a small. I would probably do with the XL, best would be to find a dealer and go try them on. They will likely be at the show in Edmonton.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem I have is paying 600+ for pants and a jacket and only getting a year warranty pay a little more for Klim or mf and basically never have to buy new gear again

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best gear on the market IMO, can't speak for the one piece but I can promise you it will be better then your oil patch coveralls.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem I have is paying 600+ for pants and a jacket and only getting a year warranty pay a little more for Klim or mf and basically never have to buy new gear again
The problem with 'lifetime warranty' is that it get taken advantage of by the consumer. Warranty is to cover manufacturer defects in the making of the product. I guarantee you that any manufacturer defect WILL show up in the first year. They don't just pop up 3 years down the line. Guys start getting rips in their gear, from usage, or they start getting wet in place, because they don't bother to take care of their gear properly, then they return it for warranty.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure ur point if u were to by a truck and one guy offered bumper to bumper lifetime warranty and the other truck our typical 5 year stuff for the same price what would you buy? It's called competition and if u are going to come into a market u better be willing to compete with everybody else if u want my business

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure ur point if u were to by a truck and one guy offered bumper to bumper lifetime warranty and the other truck our typical 5 year stuff for the same price what would you buy? It's called competition and if u are going to come into a market u better be willing to compete with everybody else if u want my business
If we are going to compare a truck to a jacket...
Your typical jacket consumer DOES NOT take care of the garment in the matter they should. They don't wash it enough, and even if they do, they don't follow the proper instructions. Then they wonder why the jacket isn't waterproof anymore. They send it back to the manufacturer for a replacement. Now, if you were to not do any sort of proper maintenance to your truck, and the engine blows up, the manufacturer is not going to just hand over a new truck. They are going to come back and and say that it broke down due to negligence of the owner.
I used to work in retail for many years and have seen all sorts of people take advantage of lifetime warranties. Patagonia was a company that was taken advantage of for this, and they eventually had to change their policy. People would return jackets with burn holes in it (that is just one example), expecting a new coat.
In order for garment companies to provide such an excellent warranty, that cost of all of those replacements they have to provide gets passed along to the consumer buying new pieces.
Don't get me wrong, Klim and MF provide great products, and have a great warranty. Personally, I prefer ToBe, because I prefer the fit, colour options, and it works really well. I'm just providing a counter point to your point.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if too many people start returning there klim stuff their warranty will have to change,there is warranty but abuse of generosity is inevitable in todays world.Arctrx stuff costs more with the same gortex guaranty but its a lot harder to get new stuff from that company !my :twocents:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day I'm still dry and my buddies are wet and cold its not to hard to justify the extra money. Rips happen just they way it goes.

Top Bottom