Axys cheese grinder running boards

XanderKane

Reaction score
Has anyone done anything to the cheese grinder running boards on the Axys? I chewed to a paired of klim boas last year and recently bought a pair of Tobe this season but the sole is much softer than the klims so I’d imagine those will get chewed quickly. I tried the skins running boards in the past but those plastic cleats ice up badly. I thought of using a grinder to round the top of the sharp points on the boards then get them powder coated to hopefully soften them up.

Anyone done something that’s helped?

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the best solution but Ive put some shoe goop on my old klim boots that were all chewed up from my boards

Seemed to have stopped the wear a bit but I had to constantly reapply.

I bought boas late last season and gave that old pair to a friend, they were in ok shape

XanderKane

Reaction score
Yeah that shoe repair epoxy worked well to keep the bottom of my boot together last season. Trying to figure out how out a better solution to these running boards. May just start rounding the sharp edges and get them powder coated.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Filed the edges slightly - sharp enough to rip a suit ...bit tedious but still plenty of grip

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stopped buying Klim boots and my boot sole life doubled. I thought they were supposed to be better now but I never tried them again.

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stopped buying Klim boots and my boot sole life doubled. I thought they were supposed to be better now but I never tried them again.
I have a stet of 2yo Klim boots they are holding up a lot better than my old ones, they went to Bridgestone soles

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What boots do you use now?
I went to Motofist and they had a much better sole life and now FXR and they are now going into season 3 and only 20% sole with wear. The FXR boots are not the quality of Klim and Motofist in other ways but they are comfortable and my buy price is much better.

Top Bottom