To much snow under hood.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any aftermarket fixes for the turbo vent?
IMG_20220101_093829139.jpg

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you not get a mesh cover to restrict some of the snow going in.
Frozen steering boots are a pain in the morning, looks like Cat boots on steering.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frozen steering boots are a pain in the morning, looks like Cat boots on steering.

Ya the cat boots are famous for that if you don’t have frog skin covers

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was gonna contact extreme air vents and see if they would build me something.
It's crazy with the cold blower bar deep snow, entire engine bay is just packed with slush, shut the sled down for lunch and your gonna have steering problems in these cooler temps.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the cat boots are famous for that if you don’t have frog skin covers
I was able to seal my cats engine bay up real good with frog skins, had zero problems.

I find it funny that skidoo puts the prefilter kit on the nose cone and the have the snow funnel over the turbo.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
glad i am not the only one with this problem.
Both of these sleds had major issues this weekend.

I did find that when ever a guy stops make sure the boots are jammed inside the engine bay as far as possible. If the slush/water starts dripping out the extended boot it freezes instantly on the cold tie rod.

Might have to put a zip tie or a hose clamp on the tie rod as a stopper. But ultimately would like to keep the snow out of the engine bay.
IMG_20220102_140524294.jpg

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was able to seal my cats engine bay up real good with frog skins, had zero problems.

I find it funny that skidoo puts the prefilter kit on the nose cone and the have the snow funnel over the turbo.

Ya mine are always frog skinned up, my alpha has the entire exhaust side vented and frog skinned as well, only place I get snow is around my belt drive

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The turbo vent is extremely hot you wouldn’t want a prefilter on it. Maybe a deflector of some sort but that hot air needs to get out

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The turbo vent is extremely hot you wouldn’t want a prefilter on it. Maybe a deflector of some sort but that hot air needs to get out
Yes, the turbos are terrible for snow ingestion through the turbo vent! Keep us posted if you come up with a resolution.

cory_697

Reaction score
yah frog skinz and pre filter nose kit, my 2022 edge tie rop snap due to much snow getting in the hood, now its been at the dealership waiting on parts for a week

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what about metal mesh like in the old days before frog skins and plastic mesh.
All specialy vents used to have metal mesh, could not tear, puncture or wreck those without trashing the hood.
1/8" puck board frame to pop rivet through and good to go.
Won't hurt the look of a doo and keep the snow out.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
speaking of snow intrusion, anyone notice these two holes or know what they're for? This is the left side of my '22 turbo freeride. there's another pair on the right side but in a different orientation. look to be about 1/4" or a little larger in diameter. these holes are not present on my '20 freeride.

Attachments

• IMG-0139.jpg
    IMG-0139.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 162

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride alot in blower pow at -30c. Doo sucks at this blown boots every ride. To completely stop it. 1 prefilter on nose cone. 2 silicone where front bumper goes through nose. 3 no matter what you have to tape the hood from side panel to side panel the majority of snow gets in there. Go give a tiny tug on the hood and lift at the front its poorly sealed to begin with.
If you look at the g4 inside the engine bay there is no ridge to the boot, water goes right in it. On the poo the boot is higher up on the bulkhead so water doesnt leak right into it.
Did nobody test this sled in cold weather?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride alot in blower pow at -30c. Doo sucks at this blown boots every ride. To completely stop it. 1 prefilter on nose cone. 2 silicone where front bumper goes through nose. 3 no matter what you have to tape the hood from side panel to side panel the majority of snow gets in there. Go give a tiny tug on the hood and lift at the front its poorly sealed to begin with.
If you look at the g4 inside the engine bay there is no ridge to the boot, water goes right in it. On the poo the boot is higher up on the bulkhead so water doesnt leak right into it.
Did nobody test this sled in cold weather?
Maxwell is gonna rip you a new one for that kind of talk, truth or not.

Top Bottom