To catch a thief, priceless

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the opportunity late into the evening of January 6th 2012 at approx 2:30 am to catch this kid stealing a pair of ski's from the back door of the house in Revelstoke. quickly ran out the door when i seen the jacket flash by the back door when he grabbed the ski's turned around and left rather quickly, I yelled at him to stop since he had a head start and it was icy and i had no idea who else was around. He then turns around gives me back the ski's, apologizes for taking the ski's saying he was drunk, was from Red Deer and staying at the Sandman. For what ever reason, i said well smarten up and let him walk, then I had a brain wave, told him to stop and turn around which he did and i snapped a photo of him with my iphone, just before i let him walk away. The owner of the house then asked if i wanted to call the cops, which i replied they'll be hours as that the case in Calgary. Then i decided to jump into the truck and see if he was going to the Sandman, at which time i was asked again if the cops should be called and then thought what the hell, much to my surprise they were there in under a minute. So with my truck and 3 patrol cars we looked around, till 3:00 am for this kid. Tried a couple of times to e-mail the photo of the kid to the RC's which didn't pan out. So then saturday night, I went to the police station after a day of riding, to try downloading the photo there, with in 3 minutes of talking to three officers, 2 of them instantly recognized him as a home grown local and that he's known to the police. I then asked the police if it was okay to post a picture of him on some websites as a thief. Reply was, well you caught him in the act on your property stealing private property go ahead. So Mr Thief no names mentioned here's your 15 minutes of fame forever!!! i think this worked out better then what most people would have done, like beat the crap out of him.

So if you want to preserve your karma points don't buy anything from this kid as it's 99.95% sure it's stolen.

Attachments

• IMG_1240.jpg
    IMG_1240.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 871

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice ................... good job .... next time im in revy ill be looking for that looser and mention i seen his pic on line

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good catch. although witout pics of the kid in the act it is your word against his and i don't like your chances. you could be taking a big loss, if the kid gets some legal advice.

still nice pic of a dumb azz. he looks a little sleepy.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice restraint!!More than likely if someone else got a hold of him there would have been a write up in the paper about the poor local boy getting assaulted by some sledders!!!That kid is lucky not everyone is that lenient but I bet he has changed his ways after the break he got!!!YA RIGHT!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mabe print off some mug shots and tape them at some of the hotels when there next.....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say "fukk 'im if he can't take a joke!"

true, but you could have a very light wallet after yer sex capades. ya just never know, see alot of lawyers lookin to make some money on the back of phone books lately. maybe better to say he was found in backyard snoopin around.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good catch. although witout pics of the kid in the act it is your word against his and i don't like your chances. you could be taking a big loss, if the kid gets some legal advice. .

Doubt it - no name released so for all we know he could have pulled that off some random FB page. The pic was taken on private property, and threadkiller is the security guard for the residence, so he was doing his job of surveillance and caught a photo of the perp where he had no permission to be, there is also a sign on the window saying "no trespassing", obviously he can't read either. So this kid can get legal advice all he likes, it will be thrown from court or he will have to admit to trespassing at the very least (countersuit). If he's stealing skis do you think he has $$ for legal counsel anyway? Just like a gas station posting a pic of a driver leaving and not paying or someone using NSF cheques, its private property. Private property, private surveillance, you trespass and you take your chances. Case precedent was set in Langdon a few yrs ago when thieves broke into a residence and threatened the life of the owner and family, one of the perps wound up dead and the homeowner was not charged as it was self-defence - if you are where you are not supposed to be with stuff that don't belong to you, you might wind up in big trouble.

Great job threadkiller! nice to see some dumbass caught - you are much nicer than I would have been. What pisses me off the most is that these guys always say they are from "out of town". Why can't you be a man and own up to the fact you're a local and ripping off others? Seen this with people riding out of bounds too, rip it up then say they were from out of town and blame it on someone else. Be a hero and admit where you are really from. Fawkin' cowards.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doubt it - no name released so for all we know he could have pulled that off some random FB page. The pic was taken on private property, and threadkiller is the security guard for the residence, so he was doing his job of surveillance and caught a photo of the perp where he had no permission to be, there is also a sign on the window saying "no trespassing", obviously he can't read either. So this kid can get legal advice all he likes, it will be thrown from court or he will have to admit to trespassing at the very least (countersuit). If he's stealing skis do you think he has $$ for legal counsel anyway? Just like a gas station posting a pic of a driver leaving and not paying or someone using NSF cheques, its private property. Private property, private surveillance, you trespass and you take your chances. Case precedent was set in Langdon a few yrs ago when thieves broke into a residence and threatened the life of the owner and family, one of the perps wound up dead and the homeowner was not charged as it was self-defence - if you are where you are not supposed to be with stuff that don't belong to you, you might wind up in big trouble.

Great job threadkiller! nice to see some dumbass caught - you are much nicer than I would have been. What pisses me off the most is that these guys always say they are from "out of town". Why can't you be a man and own up to the fact you're a local and ripping off others? Seen this with people riding out of bounds too, rip it up then say they were from out of town and blame it on someone else. Be a hero and admit where you are really from. Fawkin' cowards.

you are right the kid probably has no money, with the legal system going the way of the USA, the most the kid can be accused of is tresspassing, the kid was lost,drunk, high etc. cheap fine. threadkiller posts his pic and accusses him a thief, he didn't steal anything as stated, just picked up the skie's so he didn't trip. (yeah right) anyway without witness you are putting your wallet on the line. just my opinion. police cannot give you advice on the law, that is what a lawyer is for.

still nice pic, look for the lad as he likes lookin at yer stuff.

Last edited:

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I caught a couple kids from down the street siphoning gas out of my truck one night a couple of years ago.

It was pretty fun as I just happened to have a bear banger next to my door so I shot it in their general direction. You should have seen them jump when it whizzed by them and then blew up. They jumped about 10 feet in the air and started running for their life. THey forgot their gerry cans though so I got 4 free gerry cans that night, and some free gas that they had stolen from someone else on the street.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahhhhhhh now theres a you tube vid... from powderhounders

hell theres a dumbest stuff on wheels vid ....

even mabe a americas funnyest home vid .....

theres money to be made on friggin stupid , retarded people

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im'doo, if a person walks in from the front street to the back of a house then starts heading back to the front street with the goods, that's pretty well planned out in my books and the law, and oh the home owner is my witness, and yes i have a case #, and no i didn't post up a name just in case the spelling is wrong. But he did pose nicely for the camera on private property, also the RCMP said that I can use what ever force to detain someone on your private property till the show to grab him.

I've had way more than my share going missing, the picture thing is priceless in my books.

bryan_117

Reaction score
Ive had my truck broke into 3 times, and my house broke into twice, on the 18 i finally get to go to court and testify against the little bastard that broke in the last time, quiet frankly i hope they let him out that day, cuz there is no way in hell he will make it home, he'll be stoppin at the hospital first.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im'doo, if a person walks in from the front street to the back of a house then starts heading back to the front street with the goods, that's pretty well planned out in my books and the law, and oh the home owner is my witness, and yes i have a case #, and no i didn't post up a name just in case the spelling is wrong. But he did pose nicely for the camera on private property, also the RCMP said that I can use what ever force to detain someone on your private property till the show to grab him.

I've had way more than my share going missing, the picture thing is priceless in my books.

take it easy, just tellin ya to be careful, i really don't care and think the guy is getting what he deserves, to some extent. may need a lttle more pointing in the right direction. the way things are going these days, you may find your the one in trouble.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I caught a couple kids from down the street siphoning gas out of my truck one night a couple of years ago.

It was pretty fun as I just happened to have a bear banger next to my door so I shot it in their general direction. You should have seen them jump when it whizzed by them and then blew up. They jumped about 10 feet in the air and started running for their life. THey forgot their gerry cans though so I got 4 free gerry cans that night, and some free gas that they had stolen from someone else on the street.

It only would have been more entertaining if the remnants of the banger ignited the fuel that they were siphoning from your truck and cause everything to burn to the ground :)

Then you could have been in a very foul mood!

Stupid criminal system. We should hope the World as we know it someday realizes we need to go back to shooting criminals on the spot. Yeah yeah, I know....

Top Bottom