To can or not to can

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a PSI Single pipe. on my 93 Indy 500 EFI its one tough pipe;it was bought new 5 yrs ago for a 92 Indy 500 EFI i had.. the sled was destroyed in my garage fire 4 yrs ago; i brushed all the melted crap off the pipe and lifted it out of the melted mess. hung it in tree till summer and sanded it and painted it.and put it in the 93 i have now.
my son has a new 800 Assault in 12..he put a MBRP can on.wow was that loud. i could still pass him on Carson lake with my old 500 ,but couldnt in deep snow. here is pics of the pipe on melted sled and on the sled today.

Attachments

• Indy 500.jpg
    Indy 500.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 78
  • Aaen Pipe.jpg
    Aaen Pipe.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 75

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I am curious... if the sled is designed in the factory to be 'balanced' would that be with the pull start or the e start version? Im on a 2016 pro rmk e-start and with the extra weight of the battery and starter Im wondering if it is already 'imbalanced'? ... but I am new to this and I can see the heavy battery on the same side as my new lightweight can, so i am thinking maybe I am helping the balance by offsetting the battery weight at least? And as an aside my GGB trail can sounds nice, is a pretty good price, but weighs more than 1 lb more than they advertise, which is misleading and slightly irritating.

Only the G4 has a claim that its "rider balanced" so on any other sled its rubbish. So do not put an estart on the G4 or you wasted $15000 of rider balanced engineering and will result in you not being able to ride, fall off your sled, unable to sidehill one handed, and basically be mocked for ever doing such a foolish thing.

Top Bottom