To all of us who enjoy motorsports, PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!

94fordguy

I thought I would take a moment to share a sad story. Last weekend while playing up at the lakebed on our quads, we noticed some activity about a mile up the lake... Two Dirt Bike riders rode straight into a 6ft deep 8ft wide ditch in the lake bed at a high rate of speed while enjoying their trip up to Rimrock lake the day before the Rimrock race. One rider managed to walk away from the accident, but the other rider was not so lucky, he broke his neck on impact. The ambulance was quick to respond being 30 miles west of town and after an evaluation called in a Life Flight Helicopter to airlift the rider to the hospital. Tragically, the rider passed away the next morning.

I do not know who it was, but I wish his family the best, my thoughts and prayers are with them.:(

To all of my fellow riders here on Snow and Mud, PLEASE remember as we get closer and closer to beginning the sport we all share in common, to slow down and make sure that we all are aware of our surroundings and have a safe time in the great outdoors.

The following are some pictures and a short video of the aftermath of the accident, at this time all that was known was that the first rider most likely had a broken neck. He was wearing a Tek Vest, Helmet, Gloves, and all the other standard protective gear, it was not enough:(:(

Please be careful out there:)

The rider in question was on the green motorcycle in the ditch in front of the Ambulance.

100_3629.jpg

100_3632.jpg

100_3638.jpg

100_3640.jpg

100_3643.jpg

Last edited:

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very Sad! I hate stuff like this. A day of fun can turn so tragic if you let your guard down for that split second. Prayers to the family

Top Bottom