TM8 Clutching

MSmith

Reaction score
Just wondering on what clutching setups everybody is running on their turbo's and at what boost. Looking to get a bit more out of my clutching on my sled, Running a 2010 M8 with CPC stage 3. Thinking about changing it to get a bit more track speed, Also hoping I can get it to be more aggressive in the bottom end. Any Ideas?

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look up mmsports over on snowest or check out his website he has a good clutching set up for the TM8. he has a fixed or adjustable turbo weight that is specifically designed to load the turbo to reduce lag, that coupled with a straight 44 or 46 helix, and a cat orange secondary spring seams to work good. Afew guys seam to be having good luck with the MDS weights as well. they are pricey though. happy clutching

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to Harvey at Biggar Arctic Cat. He used the cutler set up on mine and it works awsome !!!!!!!!

MSmith

Reaction score
Looking to get another primary clutch for my 2010 M8 turbo, wondering what the best primary to use is going to be. I've heard of a few people wrecking the stock clutch beyond repair, and last weekend on the way to the truck I could hear a rattle coming out of the primary. Didn't have any time to take it off and check it out because I had to go straight back to work, but I figure I might as well buy another clutch and keep it in the trailer for future use. Thanks for the input!

Jamesrulz

Reaction score
I just switched from the stock 36 degree helix cutler adjustable weights with curlers gold and white primary spring to a Dalton 40/44 helix same weights and yellow and white cat primary spring that MM in Edmonton suggested. So far it is working lots better but I havnt 100% cleared up my slight bog off the line that was the original issue. I hope to clean it up a bit more by adjusting the fuel pressure and box settings but I'd not maybe different weights. Anyone experiencing any issues like this with a pump gas turbo?

Top Bottom