Tires?

cheddar37

Reaction score
i work at kal tire and have run the TBC XTX sports on everything there an awesome all terrain tire, there winter rated, 80K guarentee and ride awesome plus they have some really nice hard rubber budget mudders because they arent a big name. JMO

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Toyo M55. Not the best for highway touring tire though, Big tread depth makes it feel like you are driving on tennis balls.
They handle being pounded on the gravel well though.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a quote on 4 duratracs 265/75/16 10 ply $294/tire $1285 out the door then an $80 mail in rebate. Canadian tire has them on for $256/tire and the $80 rebate. Can anyone out there beat that? I also looked up the recall letter on the goodyear website and its only for the silent armors.

Kijiji. The last set I bought were used 245/75R16 Duratracs ( but at about 95% according to tread depth) and I paid $700 for them mounted on the fugly GM PYO 8 lug aluminum rims....... and then sold the rims and my old tires making all the money back, lol.

I refuse to pay new prices at tire shops up here for the most part. I probably ( if I keep them truck they are for) need some 275/70R18's and I am thinking Silent Armours. I am sure new they will be $300 a tire...... No thanks!

But..... Just came across a nice set of brand new Centerline 20's that are pretty cheap....... so maybe I need 20" tires, lol.

Last edited:

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I refuse to pay new prices at tire shops up here for the most part. I probably ( if I keep them truck they are for) need some 275/70R18's and I am thinking Silent Armours. I am sure new they will be $300 a tire...... No thanks!

[\QUOTE]

Don't go with the silent armours. I had mine seperate at 40,000. To be fair, the goodyear dealer in town here went to bat for me and I wound up with a set of dura tracs for comparitivley cheap. They were telling me that they won't push the silent armour as they are a pain to balance and have problems.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

[\QUOTE]

Don't go with the silent armours. I had mine seperate at 40,000. To be fair, the goodyear dealer in town here went to bat for me and I wound up with a set of dura tracs for comparitivley cheap. They were telling me that they won't push the silent armour as they are a pain to balance and have problems.

Have run Silent Armours for ages with zero issues. You probably got some from a bad batch of them...... maybe the recalled units? My tire choices and motives are not in question here, but thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom