Tire Repair?

rockabilly685

Reaction score
I have a small tear in the sidewall of my right rear tire(center). It leaks slowly. The tire is tubeless, can a tube be put inside the tire? Or is it best to take off the tire and have the sidewall patched from the inside?

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can put a tube in it , but if you happen to get a punture later on you now have to repair 2 puncutes one in the tire and one in the tube. Much harder for a trail repair. The best repair is always from the inside using the proper patches and adhesives. Sidewalls are always tricky though.

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can repaire the sidwall and even if you do patch it. I would still put in a tube.:specool:

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on the damage to a side wall and the size of patch boot used it may be able to be repaired as atv tires run low enough psi.

Just my 2 cents as an owner of a tire shop

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Did u actually know that quad tires spin on there rims a little. If you were to install a tube and go for a long mud boot, you might ripp off the valve stem.
Have seen it twice, cust. install tube, valve stem gets ripped off, rim/tire fill w water, bad vib on way home(water).

For patching, i'd never patch a sidewall, this slash creates a weak spot enabling the tire to fold a little. Ride like that for awhile and notice your tire falling apart(disintigration). Or a really wierd ride.that's just my :twocents:

Top Bottom