• I have snowflake tires and chains

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Non-winter tires and no chains

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know when you go into BC you have to have tires with snowflake rating, or carry tire chains. Do you have winter tires?
For the guys who have non-winter tires, are you actually carrying chains?
Have you ever been asked to see chains?

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have been sledding in bc since 1995 and have been stopped but never have they asked about my tires or for chains only in golden did they ask me if i had flares because my trailer was over 8 feet wide

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have been sledding in bc since 1995 and have been stopped but never have they asked about my tires or for chains only in golden did they ask me if i had flares because my trailer was over 8 feet wide
Are you serious? My trailer as most enclosed is 8'6" so now I have to pack flares around.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I have chains and are still new, never used them yet. But if ever I do I have them, they were made for my 37's but now staying with 35's so will get them sized again and can't get a winter in a 35 or larger with 17 rim's. Good luck

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
On the commercial side it's mandatory to carry tire chains from October till April. If they are not visual you will be required to produce them upon request from a CVSE officer. As long as your vehicle is not registered as commercial it is only up to your personnel discretion to carry tire chains or not.

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the commercial side it's mandatory to carry tire chains from October till April. If they are not visual you will be required to produce them upon request from a CVSE officer. As long as your vehicle is not registered as commercial it is only up to your personnel discretion to carry tire chains or not.
Is that all commercial vehicles or only over 4500kgs?

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you get into an accident that is determined to be the fault of inadequate tires you could be facing multiple charges. If a cop checks your tires and deems they are not sufficient you will have to put on your chains and continue your trip chained up. Won't that be fun.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Is that all commercial vehicles or only over 4500kgs?

If your registered as a "commercial" vehicle you need to abide by said legislation wether a provincial or federal carrier. Some register 100 kgs less to avoid crossing the scales and having to use log books. But in a worse case situation you are still a commercial vehicle and the same nickel and dime laws apply.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i talked to a rcmp buddy about the flares and never heard that but the cop was from golden so they like to make up ch!t wish i would of kept the warning ticket as they don't believe i got the ticket. then again was told that you need 3 lights in the middle of your deck then a deck builder at the snow show says no who do you believe

bclinehand

Reaction score
i talked to a rcmp buddy about the flares and never heard that but the cop was from golden so they like to make up ch!t wish i would of kept the warning ticket as they don't believe i got the ticket. then again was told that you need 3 lights in the middle of your deck then a deck builder at the snow show says no who do you believe

need 3 lights in middle if deck is wider than 8' here in BC

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Clear as mud :) Lighting on a a deck would be the same as a trailer ..... basically.
There are 7 lights on my expandable Marathon. Front left/right corners are amber. Rear left/right are red. Then there's a red three bulb strip light in the center at the rear. Front and rear signal are on the truck only.

Last edited:
Top Bottom