Time to upgrade the old sos beacons...... Thinking of the pieps dsp 8.2v

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have the DSP models and I had them upgraded at the sled show,The Rep from spruce grove used to be there every year to keep them upgrded for free,missed the last couple sled shows but im assuming he is around there still and still upgrding them as new stuff comes out!
catmando!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I have the DSP models and I had them upgraded at the sled show,The Rep from spruce grove used to be there every year to keep them upgrded for free,missed the last couple sled shows but im assuming he is around there still and still upgrding them as new stuff comes out!
catmando!

if you need them upgraded and can't make the show Kittyman let me know, I'd be happy to pick them up from you or your lovely wife and get them upgraded for you.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought one Ric. I pick it up today if you want to have a look.

J

Looking at upgrading our sos beacons to the new pieps dsp 8.2v ...... Anyone have feedback on these units? I know zachs trax recomends them, anyone else

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks, but i've used them in the avy training course.... Very simple and quick to use. If you don't mind me askin', what did you pay for it, and where did you get yours?

Great Outdoors Depot ()

Name Code Qty Each Options
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pieps DSP Digital pieps-dsp495015 1 349.00 Instant Rebate = Instant $100 Off
Avalanche Beacon (-100.00)
Pieps DSP Avalanche L495130 1 29.95
Beacon Harness
Subtotal 378.95
Free shipping coupon 0.00
(piepsdsp)
Tax 0.00
Total 378.95

And there's $28 in GST I have to pay when picking up.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
State side, with free shipping to canada............. Save a ton 'o money, especially since i'm buyin' 3 of 'em

As a local business owner I would have figured you'd fly the "buy local" flag....I'm gonna start going to Montana for my oil changes......lol

if you need them upgraded and can't make the show Kittyman let me know, I'd be happy to pick them up from you or your lovely wife and get them upgraded for you.

I'm picking up a PIEPS DST from a dude in Stony after work, I'll have to have it checked to see if it needs updates, I think it's a 2010 model

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
AT OVER $100 SAVINGS EACH UNIT......... CAN'T BUY LOCALLY ANYWHERE NEAR THE PRICES I FOUND STATESIDE, ALSO THE $ IS SO COMPARABLE. BOGGER, I SEEM TO RECALL A CERTAIN TRANSMISSION THAT WILL NOT BE FOUND LOCALLY? JUS' SAYIN' ........ IS THE KETTLE A POT? LOL

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Great Outdoors Depot ()

Name Code Qty Each Options
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pieps DSP Digital pieps-dsp495015 1 349.00 Instant Rebate = Instant $100 Off
Avalanche Beacon (-100.00)
Pieps DSP Avalanche L495130 1 29.95
Beacon Harness
Subtotal 378.95
Free shipping coupon 0.00
(piepsdsp)
Tax 0.00
Total 378.95

And there's $28 in GST I have to pay when picking up.

JRB........ THIS SAYS THE LATEST STYLE HARNESS IS SUPPOSED TO BE INCLUDED???

HURRY! $100 INSTANT REBATE ENDS SOON!
Price After Rebate: $349.00

FREE 3 DAY SHIPPING - Within the USA, and FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING (regular international) outside the US. Use coupon code PIEPSDSP.

Equipped with the latest firmware version 8.2.

Comes complete with the latest model black harness, manual and DVD instructional video.

The Pieps Digital DSP Avalanche Beacon is the first beacon ever to display the number of victims. It just also happens to be the hottest selling beacon we've ever had! Quantities are limited, so order right away to avoid backorders.

authorized.gif
Free Shipping to both the
US & Canada!

Want to know more? Read the product data sheet.
trans_1x1.gif
$449.00
trans_1x1.gif

Instant Rebate: Instant $100 Off (-100.00)

Questions about shipping?

Availability: Usually ships next business day

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
LOL..... if you've got a mercedes tranny sittin in your shop I'd gladly buy local..... :d

Looking at the prices I'm glad I found the one I did.... I paid $125 for my old SOS...

AT OVER $100 SAVINGS EACH UNIT......... CAN'T BUY LOCALLY ANYWHERE NEAR THE PRICES I FOUND STATESIDE, ALSO THE $ IS SO COMPARABLE. BOGGER, I SEEM TO RECALL A CERTAIN TRANSMISSION THAT WILL NOT BE FOUND LOCALLY? JUS' SAYIN' ........ IS THE KETTLE A POT? LOL

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you Tyler,I may take you up on that,should know today if Im heading out tommoro or not!Although if Mrtins does it for free I may just take a drive!
Kinda hoping to make the sled show,fingers crossed!
catmando!

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
lol..... If you've got a mercedes tranny sittin in your shop i'd gladly buy local..... :d

looking at the prices i'm glad i found the one i did.... I paid $125 for my old sos...

you need to update your sos, hobbit.......... That's what we currently have(sos units), and the range is by far superior to what the newer 3 antennae digital beacons is, but much harder to use and no where near as quick as the digital units now a days. That's why i'm upgrading this year. In our avy course the sos beacons(4 of us in the class had them) had the longest range, "if" the sending antennae was sending a horizontal signal, and not vertical, otherwise the newer units had superior range

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JRB........ THIS SAYS THE LATEST STYLE HARNESS IS SUPPOSED TO BE INCLUDED???

HURRY! $100 INSTANT REBATE ENDS SOON!
Price After Rebate: $349.00

FREE 3 DAY SHIPPING - Within the USA, and FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING (regular international) outside the US. Use coupon code PIEPSDSP.

Equipped with the latest firmware version 8.2.

Comes complete with the latest model black harness, manual and DVD instructional video.

The Pieps Digital DSP Avalanche Beacon is the first beacon ever to display the number of victims. It just also happens to be the hottest selling beacon we've ever had! Quantities are limited, so order right away to avoid backorders.

authorized.gif
Free Shipping to both the
US & Canada!

Want to know more? Read the product data sheet.
trans_1x1.gif
$449.00
trans_1x1.gif

Instant Rebate: Instant $100 Off (-100.00)

Questions about shipping?

Availability: Usually ships next business day

LOL.. Ok, so now I have 2.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
SO I BOUGHT 3 ORTOVOX S1+(LATEST MODEL WITH LATEST UPGRADES AND 3 ANTENNAE) FOR LESS THAN $350.00 EACH INCLUDING FREIGHT TO MY DOOR, AND INSTRUCTIONS AND CASE/STRAP KIT. CAN'T TOUCH THAT FOR LESS THAN $550.00 UP HERE IN CANADA:( ..........

shim.gif

The Ortovox S1+ is the most technically advanced avalanche beacon on the market and wins our Editors' Choice award. It was the highest performer and was also easy to use. However, it is different than all other beacons on the market because it doesn'...
shim.gif

$600​

editors_choice_32x84.gif

r10.gif

r10.gif

r10.gif

r10.gif

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
We played with them at our general meeting, the pieps accurately found & marked all 3 hidden demos within a 70m range of one another..

Even drunk I can find a buried victim.....

Top Bottom