Time to confess... I hurt my XM....... at the 40km mark on the odomter

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you get it all back together and the shocks are no longer in matching locations in the arms, don't worry about it unless they are actually making contact with the arm. I will find it very hard to believe that the s-module isn't tweaked. And if it is, ride it. Replace it next summer. Or don't. I never replace mine unless it is really bad.

Ill take that into consideration, and plead pure ignorance with saying "my S-module is fine" ......i hope....

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey now! i have 47k on mine and it is looking good! LOL, was a real shock when i saw it! You hit more ch!t on my sleds anyways!!!! You'd be culprit why i would ever need parts. :p

Thanks bud, your an awesome brotha for buying MY WHOLE FRONT END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess you shoulda taken the time to put the G&R braces on haha.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess you shoulda taken the time to put the G&R braces on haha.

what broke would have broke WITH OR WITHOUT THE BRACES.... The braces would have given me better peace of mind about the E and S module, thats all.....

Im not worried anyway... More Ive looked at the sled the more I'm confident that there is no tweak to the modules..... Was a REALLY LUCKY break!!!!!!!!!! everything lines up perfectly, just upper A-arm mounts need some "adjusting" lol

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled should be christened now. Hopefully you make the rest of the season with no incidents. Ripping the front end off should ensure you some time between incidents.

You still made out better than my brother when he bought his new pro, she went off a cliff into the trees with about 50k on her. $1500 in parts later its yet to have anything happen to it again

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UPDATE !!!!!!!!! Martins went thru her with a fine tooth comb....found no tweaks or bends in either the S or E module.... PHEW !!!!!!!!!! Mechanic measured out an triple checked and found NO other damage !!!!!! S-36 kit and im good to go!!!!!!

gwalstra

Reaction score
Glad to hear that's all that got hurt. I thought I was the only one to hurt the new sled. I crunched the rear bumper at 46 km. Knock on wood, that's all I'll do to her!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
glad to hear you should be all good.... I did the exact same thing at quartz nov 18 last year with my freeride it had 38kms :) I was kinda bummed to say the least as it was suposed to be a 3 day ride lol,, just the arm shock was scraped from rubing but not bent

phone2 024.jpg phone2 023.jpg

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why the big secret? pretty sure everyone on this site has been there before. sucks, but sh#t happens. as long as nobody gets hurt, its only money.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that's all that got hurt. I thought I was the only one to hurt the new sled. I crunched the rear bumper at 46 km. Knock on wood, that's all I'll do to her!

The mechanic said quote "You dodged a huge bullett there man, actually more like a fricken cannonball!!!" endquote LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad I didnt mess anything else up!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom