Time has come again! (Polishing)

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it looks 50 times better, And fun, And besides what are we all going to do when we are waiting for the SNOW?? Drink Beer???:beer:
:bow::chatterbox::achillpill:

Justin:rolleyes:

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Besides, I heard it adds 7-9 hp :d :d

LOL
Not funny

Ok so i have thought of some thing in the last 154 posts that i have made and that is that the guy that i bout the sled from weighs about 200+ pounds and if it is good for him it has to be good for me.NO?

justin:rolleyes:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Well today junior highmark polished my 1000rt summit tunnel... Looks good. Its never been done, so it sure does look good. Got all the wheels back on, and switched from 3 rear wheels to 2 inboard wheels and put on the blue sliders..... Looks better i think. Gonna powdercoat the skid rails blue next year, I think.

Attachments

• 1000 SHINE1.jpg
    1000 SHINE1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 266
  • 1000 SHINE2.jpg
    1000 SHINE2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 1000 SHINE3.jpg
    1000 SHINE3.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 268

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey catmando have u ever heard of a product called shark hid? they use it on alluminum boat hauls to keep them lookin good. they claim that in salt water it will keep a shine for up to five years! u have to pollish like normal but when u are done u wipe this stuff on and good for awhile! the most important part is to make sure it is how u want to look for ever because once its on its there for awhile. outlaw marine in red deer sells it and they use it on there boats. its about $60 for a bottle, about a liter. let me know what u think about never having to polish ever again!

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use this product and it works amazingly well with little effort. We do the sprintcar with it and the mud/clay seems to remove easier also as it actually coats the finish.

Protective Coating Systems

Wholly multisyllabic word abuse on that web site. But, abuse of the English language aside, if it works as good as they say...I want some.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Polymatrix rearranges the molecular structure of the existing surface, creating a high gloss lustre and protective coating."

they make this sound like its changeing the structure of whatever your putting this spray onto...welcome to Star Trek everyone...the future is NOW!!!!:d

clintonk

Reaction score
I've used mothers billet polish, never dull, blue angel liquid polish, black, brown and white jewellers rouge and a buffing wheel, 300-800 grit sand paper for the scratches, and even some steel wool.

I find this works best...a fine steel wool made for aluminum. Basically went over the whole surface cleaning it up. Then I used white jewellers rouge with a buffing wheel on a high speed (2500rpm) electric drill. Worked pretty good, but really messy after a few hours....way better than using elbow grease and a rag with mothers polish.

Attachments

• Polished Tunnel 008.jpg
    Polished Tunnel 008.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Polished Tunnel 005.jpg
    Polished Tunnel 005.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Polished Tunnel 001.jpg
    Polished Tunnel 001.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 33

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used the polishing buffs with black, white, then green (stainless steel) compounds. It took a lot of time, but shiny as a mirror. All buffs and compounds available at Princess Auto.

Attachments

• PB230220.jpg
    PB230220.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 33
  • PB230221.jpg
    PB230221.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 33

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Polymatrix rearranges the molecular structure of the existing surface, creating a high gloss lustre and protective coating."

they make this sound like its changeing the structure of whatever your putting this spray onto...welcome to Star Trek everyone...the future is NOW!!!!:d

Usually the fancier the words, the crappier the product........

Re-arranging the molecular structure of something will create a new compound (strictly speaking on the atomic and sub-atomic level :D). Take my word for it, polishing your aluminum tunnel will not turn it into titanium, no matter which polish you use......:rolleyes:

Its amazing what these companies come up with.

newf1000

Reaction score
Anyone going through grassland, Derkos sells california customs purple metal polish 12 Oz $23.00. Seems to work really good with not much work, helped got boost with his Nytro the tunnel was preety good to start but polish made considerable difference. Sure worth the money.

rusty43

Reaction score
You can pick up that purple polish at your local Kenworth dealer as well, I think it's less money too.

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my 09m1000, it had some ugly scratches on the rear of the tunnel, do you think a guy can buff/polish these out? kinda pissed me off some :(

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my 09m1000, it had some ugly scratches on the rear of the tunnel, do you think a guy can buff/polish these out? kinda pissed me off some :(

Get at them with the powerball. Light surface scratches will disappear in a few minutes. Hopefully we'll get the foot of snow they are calling for on Accuweather for tommorrow.:beer:

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i also use mothers witha cloth powerball and an air drill still is lots of work but with the air drill and powerball takes less time i did my tunnel,pipe and belt gaurd in 4 hours

Top Bottom