Tickets and Specified Fines

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[h=1]Penalties for violating public lands reinstated[/h]July 13, 2016 Media inquiries
The province will reinstate tickets and specified penalty amounts for violations on Alberta’s public lands effective August 6.

Government will reinstate previously approved specified penalties for offences under the Public Lands Administration Regulation (PLAR). When the PLAR consolidated four regulations in 2011, including the Forest Recreation Regulation, the violations were amended, however the specific ticket amounts were omitted.
“We need to protect and respect our public lands and those who don’t can now be ticketed on the spot. This approach will ensure enforcement personnel can be out on the land helping Albertans instead of spending their time in court.”
Shannon Phillips, Minister of Environment and Parks
Penalty amounts for public lands offences range from $100 to $500, depending upon the nature of the violation. Enforcement officers may now ticket people for offences related to off-highway vehicle use, damage and destruction to resources, and inappropriate waste disposal.
The ability to issue tickets under the PLAR is another tool for enforcement personnel who may also issue written warnings, require the person(s) responsible to repair any damage they caused or compel the person(s) responsible to appear in court. Not all violations under this regulation, however, are ticket offences.
Government will initiate a public education and awareness campaign to inform Albertans about the specified fines. The campaign will include enforcement personnel informing users of public lands about the reinstated fines.
This May, government took steps to heighten enforcement on public lands through a co-ordinated effort by several enforcement agencies and use of the Report A Poacher line. Since May 1, Fish and Wildlife Officers, Conservation Officers and Seasonal Park Rangers have issued approximately 1,120 written warnings and 845 charges under various pieces of legislation.
Anyone who witnesses serious public lands abuse can phone the 24-hour Report A Poacher line at 1-800-642-3800.
[h=1]Related information[/h]

[h=2]Media inquiries[/h][h=3]Kyle Ferguson[/h]780-641-9846
Press Secretary, Environment and Parks

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can also ask specific questions about your riding area

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
A friend who works for govt supply, said there is a small fleet of new quads arriving for faw to use...

I was gonna pick up another quad, but with their ability to write tickets for the smallest offense, i think i'll wait a year to see how this all goes over....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
A friend who works for govt supply, said there is a small fleet of new quads arriving for faw to use...

I was gonna pick up another quad, but with their ability to write tickets for the smallest offense, i think i'll wait a year to see how this all goes over....

as long as you are respectful of the rules, and don't be an Arsehole if stopped you should not have an issue.

oldrzr

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any trails, roads, etc. off limits in the Prairie Creek and Outwest campground area. Heading back there again next Wednesday for 10 days after a great jamboree. I had contacted the Clearwater County peace office and got a couple of hints like no riding in any hwy ditches. They just said watch for signs but if anyone has any areas that we can't ride please let me know. Don't need any fines while on holidays.
Thanks

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any trails, roads, etc. off limits in the Prairie Creek and Outwest campground area. Heading back there again next Wednesday for 10 days after a great jamboree. I had contacted the Clearwater County peace office and got a couple of hints like no riding in any hwy ditches. They just said watch for signs but if anyone has any areas that we can't ride please let me know. Don't need any fines while on holidays.
Thanks

I will be out tomorrow just down from outwest.

If you want to ride let me know.

I can let you know what's up in the area.

oldrzr

Reaction score
we are going to be out on wednesday early evening. looking at camping some where around Prairie Creek near the Strachen camp site just off North Fork road. Let me know where you are and for sure we can meet up for a ride or two and maybe a couple of cocktails. I will have a Pace Arrow motorhome with a 20' flat deck with a RZR 1000 and 2 outlanders. see you in a few days

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will talk to my friend tomorrow in Rocky if he has information on the August 6 changes and what plans they have with them.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we are going to be out on wednesday early evening. looking at camping some where around Prairie Creek near the Strachen camp site just off North Fork road. Let me know where you are and for sure we can meet up for a ride or two and maybe a couple of cocktails. I will have a Pace Arrow motorhome with a 20' flat deck with a RZR 1000 and 2 outlanders. see you in a few days

Sent you a PM

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok think this thread will die soon also unless it gets back on topic. You guys please end your squabble on this tread and go back to your ride thread please with it.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
or just re-name it the dirty laundry thread....

Ok think this thread will die soon also unless it gets back on topic. You guys please end your squabble on this tread and go back to your ride thread please with it.

Top Bottom