Thoughts on new proposed Bylaw

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see it enforced. I'm a non-smoker.

I was once outside west-ed mall, at the burban street entrance. Watching the stupid lazy smokers leaning against the wall. Only a few feet away on 1 side is a sign that says " No Smoking With In 10M of the door way. On the other side there is a bright yellow line dictating where that 10M is. Stupid smokers were just asking for the bylaw ticket cause they're too lazy to take 3 more steps.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They introduced this law about a year ago in Manitoba the same day the distracted driving law came in effect. I think its a great thing and hopefully it can be enforced.

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe anyone supports this. Canada is quickly becoming a police state. We are free to do as we are told.:nono:

That's exactly what I was thinking. What's next, going to tell us what we can or cannot do in our homes.............cause that will be next !!!!!

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I was thinking. What's next, going to tell us what we can or cannot do in our homes.............cause that will be next !!!!!

Pretty much. It's on the way, what with Harper pushing through whatever laws he chooses.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a non smoker, but I could care less what smokers choose to do, if you smoke and you have kids, and you choose to smoke around your kids, thats your buisness. Getting tired of all these "DO GOODERS" trying to improve everyone elses life styles and trying to make the world a "better" place.

I'm also thinking that is just another way to generate revenue. If the law only went after muderers, rapests, dealers, thiefs, there would be a whole lot tieing up the jail cells and no way to pay for it. (that'd be a shame, no cable for the prison thugs). So by inventing all these stupid little micro managing public control BY-LAWS they can make a $h!t load of coin by turning the average Joe into a law breaking fellon. They keep the fines just low enough that we'll pay them with out a fight, and the penlties just high enough that we won't advoid paying.

But thats just my thought.

On a side note, look into Stupid Laws in Alberta, it is illeagle not to have a hitching post outside of a buisness establishment, Maybe we should enforce that one a bit.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thinks it's a good idea. If you want to smoke that's your choice, but with your kids in the car they have no choice. At my work there's a guy that must smoke in his car with the windows done up, cause he has the yellow film on the windows. And to make it worse he has a baby seat in the backseat.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
It's a slippery slope.....

I smoke and yes I smoke in the car when my kids are with me..I do however put the defost on high and create a high pressure system in the car so with my window down 2" they tell me they can't smell it in the back seat...and they would let me know if they could....

Now the house is a different story all together, We do not smoke in the house because that is where the kids sleep/eat/play etc.. and I feel it's my responsibility as a parent to provide them with a smoke free environment. That said would I support a law banning parent from smoking in the house where children reside...HELL NO.... it's personal choice, I grew up in houses with grandparents smoking, babysitter smoked and I spent more time at her house than mine, we are more aware of the long term health effects now and one would hope that people would make smart decision but I don't support the government making those decisions for them....

But what the fawk do I know I'm just a drug addicted loser, no better than than the crack head at the McMurray 7-11

but hey...at least I'm not a judgemental prick...

Just sayin...

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the legislation, and I'm a smoker.

I also can't stand self righteous pricks like you. go on spouting ch!t on the internet you would never have the balls to say to someone's face.
Shaddup smoker....:p

Top Bottom