thoughts on klr 650???

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey what do you guys think of the klr 650? im thinking about buying a used one this week off a sled buddy. do they have a good power for dirtbiking? im buying it more for trail exploring then the highway riding part. was 2006 a good year? i know nothing about these bikes at all because iv always been a harley guy.

thanks guys!!!

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are an awesome bike a bit heavy for true dirt biking. Pretty much a flawless design as it is still the same bike to this day with minor changes.

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they make good bottom end power?? Go for a test drive tommorrow!

Be fun to day trip places like brule or brazzue dam

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is NOT a good trail machine, unless you are calling gravel roads "trails". they have a huge fuel tank and when full it is a top heavy beast. great commuting/touring machine tho, they run forever.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a big heavy bike. I loved mine for highway and gravel roads, but it was a brute for trail riding. Spent more time laying down than on its wheels. I finally dumped it and went with a 350 for trail and bought a 650 V-strom for highway/gravel. If your going to spend your time trail riding I strongly urge you to go with something smaller. :)

Last edited:

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's more of an adventure bike like the KTM Adventure and the BMW GS series

Top Bottom