Thoughts: Aftermarket Turbo Kit or New Doo Turbo!?

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what are you looking from this thread? Kingcat will chime in about 0 boost because you are far too stupid to be able to understand atmospheric pressure, maxwell will chime in explaining how nothing in the world is better than a factory doo turbo, there will be 2 other groups arguing about how their aftermarket kit works like a dream and never has even had the hood/side panels opened or they have heard that aftermarket kits just don’t work and they are no fun and a total waste of money unless you want to wrench every hour of every day that you are on the hill, then you have KD sliding in to shed some light on how sideways this who topic has gone lmfao!

welcome to snow and mud fellas!!!

well this thread is ****ed!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what are you looking from this thread? Kingcat will chime in about 0 boost because you are far too stupid to be able to understand atmospheric pressure, maxwell will chime in explaining how nothing in the world is better than a factory doo turbo, there will be 2 other groups arguing about how their aftermarket kit works like a dream and never has even had the hood/side panels opened or they have heard that aftermarket kits just don’t work and they are no fun and a total waste of money unless you want to wrench every hour of every day that you are on the hill, then you have KD sliding in to shed some light on how sideways this who topic has gone lmfao!

I’m not wrong. LOL

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't think aftermarket turbos work just watch turbo Paul's vids. That 850 works very good you can hear the track speed in that sled.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't think aftermarket turbos work just watch turbo Paul's vids. That 850 works very good you can hear the track speed in that sled.

Humm, I dunno about that.
Ive watched that vid and heard other things with that sled that I did not like.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok kingcat is chiming in again here - who's gonna help me get a spring for my aftermarket turbo kit to maintain hp at all elevations - get me part # for the spring - it's a simple turbosmart wastegate - thx in advance

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Some of us are still interested in the manometer but mostly the ever useful "Womenmeter". Lol

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The Prophecy is almost complete. The Four Horsemen of S&M are nearly assembled, but they do not agree what direction to ride....LMFAO

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hardest part of turbo installation is not the install. Its getting the fuel delivery and clutching set up. Installing the turbo is easy
So i guess you just answered your own question about what kind of wrenching needs to be done, fuel delivery and clutching set up.

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok kingcat is chiming in again here - who's gonna help me get a spring for my aftermarket turbo kit to maintain hp at all elevations - get me part # for the spring - it's a simple turbosmart wastegate - thx in advance

Why don’t you just purchase that $1200 electric water cooled wastegate from turbo smart. It would be a great addition for that $5000 turbo kit. You could control you stuff on the fly with a laptop then. No more springs.

With a grand total of $6200 investment, I should mention your literally half the cost for a doo upgrade at this point

what size wastegate spring do you need? I got a couple springs for 60mm

Last edited:

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
menu don’t you just purchase that $1200 electric water cooled wastegate from turbo smart. It would be a great addition for that $5000 turbo kit.

With a grand total of $6200 investment, your literally half the cost for a doo upgrade at this point I should mention
I guess I could - I would have to get my pipe welded up and re-ceramic coated $$$ - my wastegate is underneath the expansion chamber

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i guess you just answered your own question about what kind of wrenching needs to be done, fuel delivery and clutching set up.

No I answered Maxwell's statement. People say that with an aftermarket turbo all you do is wrench. Once it is set up you are done. Having said that all stock sleds need their fuel delivery and clutching and gearing addressed from new.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I answered Maxwell's statement. People say that with an aftermarket turbo all you do is wrench. Once it is set up you are done. Having said that all stock sleds need their fuel delivery and clutching and gearing addressed from new.

Exactly and if you want it set up to pull and go and you are not good with wrenches get a shop that builds turbo sleds to do the install and setup.
Depending on what brand you ride Mountain Majic and Parkland can get you set up.
Nothing but success from both shops.
Wrenching was 10 years back.
Just a myth some cling to.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My next ride will be another non-current, and an aftermarket turbo. $22k plus is crazy for new a sled. My last turbo sled once set-up never needed anything other than normal wear items that any sled needs.

My current ride is a stocker with pipe/head. Took one day to dial in the fuel (wideband/Boondocker). Adjusted clutching once engine was fueling properly. It is way better on fuel than the stock tune and is pull and go. Any sled could benefit from dialed fueling with a controller, no two engines ever run the same.

Top Bottom