This country is doomed

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
84/85....grad year for me. Went on regular Kokanee runs....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe it was 1981. Definitely not the '70's as I lived overseas and came back June 1980 and remember guys coming to my parents restaurant in Golden wanting to buy more beer than the liquor store would provide them in one purchase.

Was that not that the late 70's for the beer strike we used to make the hour and half drive to the sask side of Lloyd but had to buy that horse piss pilsner stuff it was not popular but people were desperate

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Well we all best keep working for the ones that are cause everyone who doesn't received a check in the mail today for each child they have and they receive it every month, its unreal, alright for the people who dont hold a job and are on welfare and pump out kids like mice, but real nice for the people who had to struggle through life to proud to take any hand outs and made their way by the sweat an now we have to help fund this wow
Did anyone actually read this?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understood it, and he is right. Time to start doing what Trudeau is doing, and take this country down as fast as we can.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There may have been more than one strike and you cats were too young to drink in the late 70's

I remember driving to Saskabush for two strikes - 81 and 84ish?
For Pilsner and Olympia by the shortbox Chevy truckload!
Pretty sure Rainier and Kokanee were the brands to transport from BC.

Another thread totally sideways!
Only half tons and decks can hold the coarse!!

Yup Nothead and Selfie boy are going to royally fawk us up

Google update says strikes in 81 and 85.

Last edited:

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to drive from NB to Lloyd and watch the fights outside Amigos then haul back truckloads of Pil bottles. $11.10/case :party:

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to drive from NB to Lloyd and watch the fights outside Amigos then haul back truckloads of Pil bottles. $11.10/case :party:
Fawk I am old, beer in the bar was 85 cents per bottle in the bar(although I was 16 and I remember 6.00 per case) Was Amigo's the one on the sask side. Use to go there when I lived there in 90

Last edited:

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fawk I am old, beer in the bar was 85 cents per bottle in the bar(although I was 16 and I remember 6.00 per case) Was Amigo's the one on the sask side. Use to go there when I lived there in 90
I think you're thinking about ezzies. Amigo's is on the ab side beside the wayside inn.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if folks know of this, but there is an option for Albertans too de-funked the electoral party in power,,, it called the none confidence vote that can block them form coming up with ideas that folks disagree with...

Its like putting a pad-lock on most of the doors allowing them to access limited assets as I understand it,,, pretty much forces them too call an election since its like a stale mate move like checkers... Ha...

Just a thought is all,,, "wiser folks then I know more of this then my grade 2 Jeathrow Bowdean pumpkin knows.

Pal Don hoping for a better Alberta soon !!!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if folks know of this, but there is an option for Albertans too de-funked the electoral party in power,,, it called the none confidence vote that can block them form coming up with ideas that folks disagree with...

Its like putting a pad-lock on most of the doors allowing them to access limited assets as I understand it,,, pretty much forces them too call an election since its like a stale mate move like checkers... Ha...

Just a thought is all,,, "wiser folks then I know more of this then my grade 2 Jeathrow Bowdean pumpkin knows.

Pal Don hoping for a better Alberta soon !!!
Non-confidence vote can only happen if there is a minority government. Which there has never been in Alberta.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crappy, guess we're stuck with the best government Alberta has ever seen since 1905,,,Ha.

Maybe the liberals will get in next time, my pops said if we're going to sink the ship, do a good job of it !

Like my long passed friend said, we can alway go back too the bush off grid where we come from.

I hope I remember how to rub 2 sticks together. Ha.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crappy, guess we're stuck with the best government Alberta has ever seen since 1905,,,Ha.

Maybe the liberals will get in next time, my pops said if we're going to sink the ship, do a good job of it !

Like my long passed friend said, we can alway go back too the bush off grid where we come from.

I hope I remember how to rub 2 sticks together. Ha.
What happened to the dude that was going to call the NDpees out on the front of the legislative buildings in Edmonton? He had a big plan....all hush hush about how this was it....he gone.

Top Bottom