Think you had a bad day...eh?

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Next time you think you had a bad day....

Yesterday Kim and I took part in the 2nd annual Vancouver Adaptive Snow Sports Challenge Cup. This is a fundraiser event to get more disabled people out on the slopes. Each team of three is honoured with a disabled skier and sent through a GS course. I tell you watching a sight impaired skier rip down the course is inspiring to say the least. However our team mate yesterday was Karl. Unfortunately Karl was in the accident on Highway 1 last year where the mini van his family was travelling in ran into problems and they pulled out of the HOV lane when their mini van was struck from behind from someone driving in the HOV lane as a single occupant driver. Karl's 7 and 9 year old brothers we killed and Karl and his 1 1/2 year old brother survived. Karl is now a T4 Paraplegic and as the amazing kid he is he was up on the slopes yesterday for his first time ever skiing!!! Imagine going through losing your two best friends(brothers) and becoming a paraplegic in one day. 3 months later, he is ripin down the Cut on Grouse. It was hard to make this video without tears. But this is my little bit of fun with Karl for Karl! Dude you are an inspiration!

Hope you enjoy it! Next years event is going to be even bigger...Hope you can be involved! Vancouver Adaptive Snow Sports

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C41jkeqeZPk[/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom