think i made a mistake

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sold my quad a a while ago a bought a bike,as much as i enjoy bikes wish i still had my quad. anyway looking at a new 500 popo or a 550popo. i know the 550 makes more power but from the website it appers they have the same body now so the rad issuses on the old 500 should be solved. whats the big diffrence between the two other then power and not intrested in EPS model thanks

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 550 XP and love it! Day and night differance from the old 500 HO. Better handling,more power and no over heating issues at all.

xfirexp

Reaction score
The 550 is efi the 500 is carburated, I've got a 550 and couldn't be happier, it's a little more expensive but worth it.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was quoted 6200 for a 500 and thinki was close to 8 for the 550.I had the 500 before was efi not carb enjoyed it but alway heated upplaying in the muskeg with the new design of the 500 shouldnt have that prblem cash it a issuse under 6500 it where i need to be and i have 1500 to put down so payments will be managlable.the way the motor sits on is it hard to chage the belts.

xfirexp

Reaction score
For some reason they stopped using efi on the 500,changing the belts on the 550 isn't hard but time consuming

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
xp is a better bike ,but in typical polaris fashion there designed ... a little different . not that there is any thing wrong with how its designed, just make sure you get the dealer to show you how to remove the seat and where the battery is .

$8k is that with power steering ? i thought you could get a 850 for a little over 10 w/o ps

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 550 is much more agile, a much tighter turning radius.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes 8 grand is with eps and is the xp there are two 550 one says xp the other dose not

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont want a honda had a 420 already and it was great but want something bigger and IMO the rincon 680s and garbage with a tranmission that doset offer a low range

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honda 420s are GARBAGE. Go to the 500 instead. You won't regret it

I had a 420 last year and it was a fun little machine and went everywhere i needed to go they arent garbage,have u owned one?why are they garbage? they have IRS they are moe then capable of beating most quads in their class. for me i just want something bigger so when ihave my wife with me i know the power will be there when we need to climb or when I end up in the muskeg...sorry dear:d

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We bought a 420 last year too and she's been a great machine thus far! We are in major skeg country and we haven't had any problems getting through anything we tried yet! And its completely stock!! But we would like more power as well.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My father picked up the 550 after i bought my 850. The 550 goes way better than our 500. The 500 has a bit better ride, but the the steering, handling, power, and ground clearance are better on the 550. go with the 550 and you wont regret it. Plus we have yet to over heat the xp's I even tried up in vega in the sand and mud to see what it would take and she still didn't heat up.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like plans will be changed as the money know needs to be spent else where so keeping the bike for now

Top Bottom