Theft at the Clemina cabin.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sleds/equipment not safe on the hills....... trucks not safe in the parking lot

when does it end i ask?

With 2 few @#$%'in dolts going home with broken hands and trying to explain to mom , dad and no doubt if they have a job, work.:twocents:

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Couldn't imagine me attatching the ignition key to my coat while riding...possibly tear the ignition from the machine if or when I got bucked off....:eek:! I suppose I could attatch the key to a teather when not riding.... and remove it when I ride......:Ponder:...:d

......:wtg:

CHEERS!!!

I think he is referring to the DESS (Digitally Encoded Security System) that Bombardier uses on their sleds. It pops off if you get bucked, sled will start but will not move. Just started using the system after my buddy’s left hand throttle stuck and sent his sled into the bush 500m from the parking lot at Clemina last year. Cannot steal sled if the tether is on your jacket.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no doubt! Wonder why Yamaha never brought a system like that on board.! I was actually thinking of removing the ignition key and putting something like that on! Would a DESS switch work as a stand alone unit, or does it need the Doo's brain box?

Was never a fan of ignition keys. When we were out in Revy on the 5th, a guy lost his key in the snow when he got bucked off. Not sure how, but they almost had to tow it out!..:(

Darn kids like to play with em in the garage too!!...:mad:

Oh Well.!!!

CHEERS!!!!
:cool::beer::beer::cool:

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is just palin chicken Sheet! Remeber thou....thats bad carma and like the saying...every dog has their day...they'll get there's....I just thought that there was aun written rule among sledders that you just didn't do this sort of chit! Unreal....

Maxwe

Reaction score
Troubles down in the parking lots now in Valemount. guys busting in to truck cabs and th boxes. We had out wallets all taken and tools.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is frigging terrible. I'm always worried about my sled, no key, no tether anyone can take it. I guess the only upside is that it's not a fancy new sled :rolleyes: So what's next? Having to lock the ramps? Or maybe someone needs to start planting a "special" gas can and then see who's sled is getting towed out with a blown motor....you know 50/50 gas and water :d

plms2

Reaction score
We all have to pay a $15.00 fee to use the clubs trail so why doesen't the club provide us with some security. The toll person could stick around all day and keep an eye on our stuff for us while we are gone right. At the drag strip I leave my Alcohol Funny Car out under the awning all night and race trailer unlocked as well, and so do the majority of the outher teams do the same. I have hundreds of thousands of parts and tool that could be stolen but they dont for the reason why is that the race tracks supply us with security, and I do not stay at the track i stay in a hotel. People from the crowdes and people who camp out at these events like fans can come and go form the pits all nigth long and nobody has any problems at all because we have some sorta security that is why. I pay $300.00 for a enterance fee to race for the week end and it also covers fire rescue, ambulance on site, security and also takes care of 15 to 20 track personal so i think that the $15.00 that we pay the club for should be plenty to pay to have some one there for us. My 2 cents

treeehugger

Reaction score
I just came back from sicamous and they have the people that take the trail fees stay in the parking lot until 3PM.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
We all have to pay a $15.00 fee to use the clubs trail so why doesen't the club provide us with some security. The toll person could stick around all day and keep an eye on our stuff for us while we are gone right. At the drag strip I leave my Alcohol Funny Car out under the awning all night and race trailer unlocked as well, and so do the majority of the outher teams do the same. I have hundreds of thousands of parts and tool that could be stolen but they dont for the reason why is that the race tracks supply us with security, and I do not stay at the track i stay in a hotel. People from the crowdes and people who camp out at these events like fans can come and go form the pits all nigth long and nobody has any problems at all because we have some sorta security that is why. I pay $300.00 for a enterance fee to race for the week end and it also covers fire rescue, ambulance on site, security and also takes care of 15 to 20 track personal so i think that the $15.00 that we pay the club for should be plenty to pay to have some one there for us. My 2 cents

If some sort of security system was set up for the trails that are groomed ..... I would not have any beef what so ever to pay alot more for the thought of knowing ones Rigging is under watch ! :):beer:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I agree, in fact we did pay $5.00 more to ride Eagles Pass a few years aga and the couple stayed there all afternoon. Well worth the money IMO.
If some sort of security system was set up for the trails that are groomed ..... I would not have any beef what so ever to pay alot more for the thought of knowing ones Rigging is under watch ! :):beer:

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Special order gas caddy tie down (P# 520000536) received from Martin Eq.

Now to figure out how to make it theft proof...thinking of zip tying it to the bracket on one side...might discourage Mr A$$clown thief but won’t stop him…any ideas?

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Special order gas caddy tie down (P# 520000536) received from Martin Eq.

Now to figure out how to make it theft proof...thinking of zip tying it to the bracket on one side...might discourage Mr A$$clown thief but won’t stop him…any ideas?

Maybe install some razor blades on the handle.:rant::realmad::eek:

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Oh sure the Weather Warms up and they come out Crawling....

I have to get to Town to get those Darn Cameras....

Those #$%$# need to get Caught !

They are destroying Our Tourism !

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Oh sure the Weather Warms up and they come out Crawling....

I have to get to Town to get those Darn Cameras....

Those #$%$# need to get Caught !

They are destroying Our Tourism !

Costco has a good deal on surveillance cameras, you can get them online …free shipping…and like anything at Costco they can be returned no questions if you don’t like them.

Costco - search results for "Qsee0105"

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's bs time for some frontier justice, tall tree and a rope!!!

all ya need is the rope. you got a sled bumper to tie the other end to dont ya? lets see how fast the buggers can run after us rather than away
:d

Big Ned

Reaction score
Bastards!

His buddies would be no better! How many guys ride alone? I would not let a buddy or a fellow ride pull that off!

Top Bottom