the peaks

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you elaborate on that a little???? you must be referring to the peaks hotel or inn or whatever it is, in Revy? Did someone drive in the parking lot & get shot at or did they drive into his fenced off lot & he called the cops?

a cpl yrs ago at the BigIronShootout, I drove in thru his parking lot & proceeded to park towards the H2O shop, when this guy came running over & freaked on me for trying to park there without asking him. I'm looking around to see where he came from & he said he owned this place & could call the cops on me if he wanted to. I said, what about all these other trucks & trailers? They're not staying here are they? he said no but they asked to park here.......... hmmmmmmmmm i said sorry , is it ok???? "This time it's ok but don't let it happen again!!!!" now i see that lot is all fenced off.
Not very good for business if you ask me!!!

RN

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I heard some sledders came by his place and crossed the highway so he got mad and started something, the end result was he punched one of them and it turned out to be a woman. The story is on the snowmobile revelstoke message board, not sure if it is true or not but not cool at all:nono:

geordiep

Reaction score
I had a run in with that GUY last year. We were staying at the Base to Border cabins next to Peaks Lodge. The trail to Boulder Mountain leads directly through his parking lot so we obviously took it to gain access. He jumped in front of my sled and started yelling at me. He mimicked a punch at me and told me to get off his private property or he'll call the cops. What a GUY. No wonder Peaks Lodge is always empty.

Last edited by a moderator:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so you cut thru his parking lot to use the trail the he pays to get groomed ----- somewhere along the line you have to respect the rights of the property owner----- im sure you woudnt like it if someoe drove over your grass

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so you cut thru his parking lot to use the trail the he pays to get groomed ----- somewhere along the line you have to respect the rights of the property owner----- im sure you woudnt like it if someoe drove over your grass

LMAO............ yup you can see that is exactly our point of this thread:confused:

RN

geordiep

Reaction score
We paid the $15 at the trailhead which is 1000 ft beyond Peaks property. The problem is, mhis property is the only access to the trailhead other than crossing Hwy #1 through the ditch and driving on the shoulder for 1/2 a KM. Then re-crosssing the highway. Not Safe.

Since they are collecting trail fees and this is the only access to the trailhead then this F$%#head from Peaks should be bitching at Revy's Snowmobile society. Not sledders. If he is getting a cut of the fee he should not be bitching at all. And polarice get your facts straight before pointing fingers. :nono:

After him bitching at me I talked to the owner of a bed and breakfast on the other side of the highway; directly accross from the Peaks. He told me to avoid that --- and cross the highway, as he does. There was no need for this --- to bitch at me. I even asked him how do I get back to my hotel since I saw no other way and he said "thats your problem now F-off".

There is a trailhead but no public access to it or a parking lot. They have a guy sitting in a small shack at the trailhead collecting fees. The Revy snowmobile society should address this issue.

geordiep

Reaction score
What?? lol - this is getting comical. You are putting words in my mouth.

I'm not mad just disappointed in how this guy deals with sledders. His lodge would be full if he was decent and not rash. A ride in/out lodge should be very popular but every time I have passed it, it was empty. There must be a reason why??

Who says he pays for that trail to be groomed? From that trailhead to the were it meets up with the main trail is a good 5 -8 km. He pays for this?

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you go on the sled revelstoke website
it is posted there he pays for the trail to be groomed from there to the berzanson trail....that is why that trail isnt groomed as often..... where the other trails are......we were there mid feb place was full about fifty sleds were there when we left the compound....

geordiep

Reaction score
That is news to me, obviously. :eek: None the less - I have witnessed his temper first hand. He could have been cool about the mistake and explained things. In the process gaining business from us. Enough said. Moving on.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
If everything goes as planned three of the 4 new owners will be at the show and shine on Boulder on Sat. and I know they are looking forward to to meeting everyone.
The Peaks do pay for the additional grooming on the west trail to the border of his property. He sells trailpasses to his guests to recover the cost of the grooming. It is illeagal in B.C. to ride your sled on the road and really dangerous to cross the #1 Hwy. on your sled.
Why would you think the grooming society should address this issue.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If everything goes as planned three of the 4 new owners will be at the show and shine on Boulder on Sat. and I know they are looking forward to to meeting everyone.
The Peaks do pay for the additional grooming on the west trail to the border of his property. He sells trailpasses to his guests to recover the cost of the grooming. It is illeagal in B.C. to ride your sled on the road and really dangerous to cross the #1 Hwy. on your sled.
Why would you think the grooming society should address this issue.
Maybe the dude needs to put up some signs so that folks know that they need to pay to use his trail, or maybe all the places in the immediate area that have guests using that section of trail could kick in for the grooming. You can't really blame someone for assuming that a groomed trail is open for use, I don't know of anywhere else that a private trail is groomed, you just don't see that.

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:mad: Iwas part of a group that was back up on the mountain to try and find a sledder that never made it back to Glacier House. We had split up into pairs, and about 10 of us took off up the mountain, each on different trails to see if he was broken down on the trail, or if he was lost or whatever. Buddy and I head up to Frisbee, and look around without any sign. We then headed down to the West entrance to see if he had stumbled into Peaks Lodge. The gates on both ends of ----- sled enclosure were open, providing a direct route to the parking area adjacent to the hotel. I went inside to check at the bar, and then at the front desk where the staff were more than helpful, but apologized becaused they hadn't seen the guy and wished us luck finding him. As I walked out of the front door of this place this loser accosts me and lets me know that if I don't F@#k Off that he is going to make me sorry that I ever set foot on the property. Sometimes you get so taken aback that you can't even come up with a reply, which I didn't. We left without even replying to this retard, each vowing to ourselves to not darken the door of this flea bag place again. A word of caution, if you are staying at this guys hotel, take your wallet up the mountain with you, because that is the only way he is going to be worried about you not showing up in the evening. Do yourselves and your fellow sledders a favor, and do not support this --- in any way. On a positive the guys was found, and he rode down in the groomer, he was not in the least interested in going off of the edge of the trail to rescue his sled that night because he said a cougar was stalking him, which prompted him to throw nearly every piece of gear he had at the cat in the bush to try to frighten it away. He got quite a ribbing about that, until the groomer operator and his kids verified that they had seen cat tracks, and then ultimately even saw the cougar themselves.:eek: Lucky boy will likely stay on the trail from now on and not get too far away from his buddies.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't call people names on this site. We have been through this already. Lawyers are expensive. Keep it clean.

Top Bottom