Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought it was last night and missed it :(
Thx for sharing !

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nov 11-12 best times to see

supposed to be fireballs as the meteors break through Earths atmosphere. will see for the next week or so, best Nov 11-12, after midnight!
coming from the SE at roughly 60Deg angle. looks like small number per hr , with the moon light block all but the brightest. going to have to get out from city lights i'm afraid?

Planets visible, Jupiter, Saturn, Mars.

Last edited:

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been looking at moon last couple nights ?
So beautiful

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been looking at moon last couple nights ?
So beautiful
yes incredible! i only have binoculars, but like looking at the planets and star constellations, should buy a telescope too cheap i guess. another cool thing to watch was the international space station going overhead fascinating!

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes incredible! i only have binoculars, but like looking at the planets and star constellations, should buy a telescope too cheap i guess. another cool thing to watch was the international space station going overhead fascinating!

Me too !!! I also use the binocs, telescopes are a PITA to haul around for myself working out of town. Imagining the moon is a reflection of the earth.
Never will let my sisters forget they made me miss a space launch at Cap Canavril so they could go outlet mall shopping lololol.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me too !!! I also use the binocs, telescopes are a PITA to haul around for myself working out of town. Imagining the moon is a reflection of the earth.
Never will let my sisters forget they made me miss a space launch at Cap Canavril so they could go outlet mall shopping lololol.
friggin sisters, that would have been a life long memory, all for some trinkets! just a thought u ever look on internet to see if there are any video of the launch, TV in those days only showed these vids for a few days or so.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
friggin sisters, that would have been a life long memory, all for some trinkets! just a thought u ever look on internet to see if there are any video of the launch, TV in those days only showed these vids for a few days or so.

It's all good. We went I think 3x to Cape Canavril in the 90s. Even got to take a bus onto the landing strip. The best memory I recall is going with the Grandfather. Never have I seen him speechless. Got to see the boosters/rockets seperate as the shuttle jetted across the sky. Unbelievable to see in person.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm sure it was a great experience, especially for your grandfather! great memories for sure! (y)

this is about as close as i got

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all good. We went I think 3x to Cape Canavril in the 90s. Even got to take a bus onto the landing strip. The best memory I recall is going with the Grandfather. Never have I seen him speechless. Got to see the boosters/rockets seperate as the shuttle jetted across the sky. Unbelievable to see in person.

That's definitely on my bucket list too. I want to go see either a Delta IV Heavy launch or a Falcon 9 Heavy launch. Or the new Starship if it ever goes. Be cool to bring the old man down to see it.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You see it in the morning earlier in the week? It’s was a beaver moon. The bottom portion was eclipsed. Was neat to see.

Ya man !!! So cool. Definertly feels like we are in a changing of lunar calendars. The kinda stuff the Myans knew about.

i'm sure it was a great experience, especially for your grandfather! great memories for sure! (y)

this is about as close as i got

Haha it most certainly was, seeing them go through Epcot and "the futuristic world of tommorow" In a strange way we are there

Top Bottom