The kitten is home

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys; I've worked 15 hour days every day since I got home from picking up the new kitten. Finally got a chance to post a few pics. I can't believe how much lighter it is than my RT was.:eek::eek: I can actually just pick up the front end and move it around.:cool::d So far I've done a bit of cleaning, swiss cheesed the clutch guard, and that's about it. Everyone at Don's Speed Parts are great people to deal with, a very friendly, relaxed enviornment.:perfect10: They even let me go into the shop and help install my EGT probes. Well worth the 11 hour round trip drive for me; as far as I'm concerned.:specool:

Attachments

• P1000469.jpg
    P1000469.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 69
  • P1000470.jpg
    P1000470.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 82
  • P1000471.jpg
    P1000471.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 70
  • P1000474.jpg
    P1000474.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 68

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's going to be nice to be able to walk after a good days ride this year and join the party with out falling to sleep...

That's funny; the exact thinking that made up my mind after our last ride in the Renshaw.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the 1000's are kind of a love them; or hate them machine. Mind you I'm sure the M's are alot different than the RT's. I think I'll be happier on the 8 than the 1000 myself; other guys say that after owning a 1K they would never go back to an 800. To each their own.:beer:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah right now don's has '08 M8's on for 10,000 before taxes and mods, and '08 M1000 for 10,500 before taxes and mods.. Shredder is right the 1000 is a love or hate deal.. Myself i like the fact that the 1000 pulls like a freight train on roids.. The M8 is definitely lighter and can be made to really well with just a few mods.. A 1000 isn't that hard really to get it up around the 190-200hp mark.. But it's all in what you want.. In my personal opinion the two most important things to do a M-series is the screen kit(both sides and we'll have a hood one this year aswell) to help get hot air out, Secondary clutch kit .. Also get rid of all the foam on the inside of the hood and then heat tape all of it, if you are running the stock intake system then also completely heat tape the intake tract on the hood aswell..

Last edited by a moderator:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my personal opinion the two most important things to do a M-series is the screen kit(both sides and we'll have a hood one this year aswell) to help get hot air out, Secondary clutch kit .. Also get rid of all the foam on the inside of the hood and then heat tape all of it, if you are running the stock intake system then also completely heat tape the intake tract on the hood aswell..

I'm doing the screen kit for sure. I really like how easy and clean it is to remove the hood foam on these sleds too. I'm not touching the clutch components until I ride it and see how it feels. D&D intake is done already......just need a few feet of snow and a couple of days off.:beer::beer:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on.. When you buy screens just make sure you get the ones with the aluminum frames that are hidden under the screening. i think that they look alot better and are alot tougher aswell..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well... its final ... screw it... m8 with turbo....I get the best of all worlds
good by to the stock hood,seat,and secondary

The M's with hasirdryers work well.. There is alot that you can do to them.. It's pretty much endless, only stopped by the pocket book..If you you want you can go onto specialties website and we got a couple of cats under builds that we did last year.. They are pretty much the full meal deal builds them ones.. But it's do how ever much a person wants..

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks great man!!! I bet ya cant wait,,,

it will feel like 2 hundred pounds lighter,,, and will tip and go on a dime...

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks great man!!! I bet ya cant wait,,,

it will feel like 2 hundred pounds lighter,,, and will tip and go on a dime...

The days are getting shorter bro.;):d I have alot of hours worth of tunnel polishing, and a few more mods to do before the first trip. That will keep me busy and sipping until the snow flies.:cool:

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why did they get rid of the black loops for the gas can on the 09's? They were simple yet effective :confused:

Top Bottom