The Edmonton Oiler's Official Chat page....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
odds makers and pundits not giving the Oilers much consideration for advancement. we'll see I guess.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the oilers steal the first game in at the quack pond , I think we could pull it off ...
Barely ...
Be close either way ...

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of ups and downs in that game.

I expected the Ducks to play with a bit of an edge but at some point the refs need to start calling all the dirty hacks and slashes.

In typical Geztlaf fashion, trying to pick fights with guys who aren't known to drop the gloves in Sekera, Draisaitl getting boarded and no call, Kessler got away with a few but no one was playing him hard in return.

Maroon is going to get called as soon as he looks at Kessler so throw Kassian out with McD for a shift or two and have him line up Kessler. He will maybe tone it down a bit.

Stupid penalties at bad times for the young Oilers as well. Let's hope they come out with a bit more energy next game

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of ups and downs in that game.

I expected the Ducks to play with a bit of an edge but at some point the refs need to start calling all the dirty hacks and slashes.

In typical Geztlaf fashion, trying to pick fights with guys who aren't known to drop the gloves in Sekera, Draisaitl getting boarded and no call, Kessler got away with a few but no one was playing him hard in return.

Maroon is going to get called as soon as he looks at Kessler so throw Kassian out with McD for a shift or two and have him line up Kessler. He will maybe tone it down a bit.

Stupid penalties at bad times for the young Oilers as well. Let's hope they come out with a bit more energy next game
Yeah and if you gonna take a penalty against Kessler make it count and take a pound of flesh.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the NHL does not realize how good Drai is yet , it's a Crosby / malkin thing ....tough to stop them both .
The longer this series goes ,the better the oilers will look ...
Despite numerous interference and slashes and hooks / we won the game ...

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Curious if there will be a statement released on McDavid today, lots of speculation that he's injured last night......

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I imagine a sore or broken rib , take more than that to stop Mcd .
Todds game plan is on point ... spend all your effort watching Mcd . We will take full advantage of that ... if we score first , you are done

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boys weren't looking too hot in the second, hopefully coach Todd is able to fire them back up and they can come back home with 2 W's!

Top Bottom