The eagles concert last nite

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
WOW, DID ANYONE ELSE TAKE IN THE EAGLES CONCERT LAST NITE AT REXALL PLACE??? UNBELIEVABLE, BUT I DON'T THINK I WOULD HAVE PAID $229.50/TICKET TO SEE IT...... WE WERE GIVEN THE TICKETS BY ONE OF OUR MAIN SUPPLIERS. THE BOYS ALL ARE LOOKING VERY OLD, ESPECIALLY JOE WALSH. GLEN FREY AND DON HENLEY, AND THE REST OF THEM LOOK GOOD, JUST A LOT OLDER. BEST SONG OF THE NITE WAS "LIFE'S BEEN GOOD", BY JOE WALSH, AND THEN PROBABLY HOTEL CALIFORNIA, THAT HAD A NICE MEXICAN TRUMPET SOLO GOING INTO THE SONG....... AMAZING HOW MANY YOUNG PEOPLE WERE ACTUALLY THERE, AND HOW MANY OF THOSE YOUNG PEOPLE WERE WITH OLDER ADULTS LIKE US. WE RAN INTO MANY PEOPLE WE KNEW, AND 2 OF THEM HAD THEIR KIDS BUY THEM TICKETS FOR X-MAS AND THE KIDS WENT WITH THEM. INTERESTING HOW MANY COUGARS THERE WERE LAST NITE, AND HOW MANY THOUGHT THEY WERE STILL 18 AND "HOT":rolleyes:...... WAS VERY ENTERTAINING..................I WOULD RATE THIS AT: 4.5 KERNELS OF POPCORN OUT OF 5

Attachments

• Group_2_060_v04.jpg
    Group_2_060_v04.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 140

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen the Eagles at MacMahn Stadium in 78. That was one of the best concerts I have seen, infact the concert was so loud (apparently you could here the concert all over northwest Calgary) that they never had another concert there untill this past summer when they let Ozzie Ozborne and his head banging friends play there this summer. Go figureLOL

Britt

Eastcapeangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've spent $230 on concerts before. Back in the bad old days when I thought you had to have a pocketful of coke & crank to enjoy the show:eek:
Gawd what a waste of money:mad:...Never again. But I'm glad you liked the show Rick, free is GOOD!

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Saw the Eagles back in march of '95. Best concert ever and back then the tickets were I think about $100 each. We were on the floor. Thought about going again but saw the going price now and No way was I going to pay that. Are they not rich enough.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was there with a group of 10, all of us big Eagles fans. Great show, a few slow moments but over all a nice concert and loved the classics. No band out there can play live and sound just like the original recordings as good as the Eagles :d Lots of 50 + in the crowd :rolleyes::d I was probably one of the younger ones and I thought I was old??

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in the city last night and some dudes from fort mac where at the hotel I was and said they paid $450.00 each not in level to pay that much I seen U2 in Vegas about four years ago and paid $180.00 US, concert was good.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw the Eagles back in march of '95. Best concert ever and back then the tickets were I think about $100 each. We were on the floor. Thought about going again but saw the going price now and No way was I going to pay that. Are they not rich enough.

There was a documentary on the tube a while back saying the artists aren't getting the full amount being charged at these concerts. They said the concert promoters were charging an amount in regards to supply and demand. In other words if folks are willing to pay more they would charge more. The band did not get any more. Its just another sign of our times (you know, someone has their hand in your pocket all the times).

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in the city last night and some dudes from fort mac where at the hotel I was and said they paid $450.00 each not in level to pay that much I seen U2 in Vegas about four years ago and paid $180.00 US, concert was good.

Sounds like those were the not so smart guys from up here, 450 a copy that is screwed up to pay that much, guys like that give us a bad name like i'm not stereotyped enough.

Top Bottom