the difference between usa and canada dealers prices

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shheeet tex, with all the loose cash you have ya should have bought 2 kawasaki's. one for parts.
you finnaly must have had to open that big fat wallet, prices are way cheaper in the states, just don't get it sent UPS. or get bigger fatter wallet.

i don't have your disposable income larry... looking for cheap

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought a used knuckle ... but because the canada kawi cost is more the used parts is more too.....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wtf is a dispossible income? i seen your fat wallet. may be a little thinner the way you drive the kawi,:p:p, ebay or us used parts, wreckers etc.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UPS is easily the worst shipping company for cross border shipments. Frankly, if a vendor in the states won't use anyone but UPS, I tend to shop elsewhere.
I never use UPS for anything cross border as they usually hit you with a brokerage fee,USPS does not.Fortunatly I live 1.5 hrs from the border so the best deals going are free shipping on your orders in the lower 48.I ship to a holding depot thats just across the border.They charge me a flat fee of $4 a package[2 tires taped together is one package].When I have enough goods at the border I make a run across I usually fill my tank as well.I have my receipts and when I come thru CC I pay my taxes and duty if it applies.My latest trip a week ago was for 26" Bighorns $480us SHIPPED plus $8 handling fee and $90 in taxes and duty[made in taiwan]Firestone airbags $400 here @$258 shipped to the border,You get the idea there are huge saving south of the border
One more Polaris Gold $55cdn across the line $36 and no washington state tax with your Canadian drivers license,I picked up 2 more jugs while I was there

FTBeaver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah UPS really sucks the wife bought some photo equipment about a year ago from across the border. It was shipped by UPS and they charged a brokerage fee. She paid all her bills on time but about 6 months latter we start getting calls from a collection agency. It was an automated message that never announced who they were or why they were calling just saying "wifes name" call this # and reference this claim #. Whenever we called it wouldn't connect to anything. Finally after about 3 months of this we got through to someone and they told us that UPS had an over due bill for $1.50. We paid the bill then looked into things a little more on-line and found this is a common thing for UPS. They don't send out the bill they just send it straight to a collection agency.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The "free healthcare" etc. we Canadians love to flaunt has it's price.
Higher costs all the way along to pay for the social programs we love so much has to come for somewhere.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Higher costs all the way along to pay for the social programs we love so much has to come for somewhere.

Seriously??? Do you actually believe that paying more to BRP for my sled in Canada makes its way to Alberta Health Care???

A minor portion of taxes perhaps, but sorry I cant buy that line of arguement as to why EVERYTHING is more expensive here than the US...

What about the manufacturers outside of Canada, that arent taxed in Canada? Our dollar is higher than theirs, yet their product is still cheaper in the US???

Its a good theory, but I dont think its 100% correct...

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I fail to see how a product sold higher in Canada vs US will help pay for our healthcare. Last month we were down in the US and went to an Old Navy store and I bought two pairs of jeans for $50.00. The following week my wife was at the Old Navy store in Vancouver and the exact pair of jeans made in the same factory in China were $55.00 EACH! So by paying the higher price I would have helped for a better health care??? :confused::confused:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It just goes to line businesses pockets and possibly some import fee's. So much for free trade between canada and the usa

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously??? Do you actually believe that paying more to BRP for my sled in Canada makes its way to Alberta Health Care???

A minor portion of taxes perhaps, but sorry I cant buy that line of arguement as to why EVERYTHING is more expensive here than the US...

What about the manufacturers outside of Canada, that arent taxed in Canada? Our dollar is higher than theirs, yet their product is still cheaper in the US???

I fail to see how a product sold higher in Canada vs US will help pay for our healthcare. Last month we were down in the US and went to an Old Navy store and I bought two pairs of jeans for $50.00. The following week my wife was at the Old Navy store in Vancouver and the exact pair of jeans made in the same factory in China were $55.00 EACH! So by paying the higher price I would have helped for a better health care??? :confused::confused:

DRD is right guys,, this comes up every six months,, it costs more to do business in Canada ie higher taxes, higher wages, higher rent, higher realstate prices, huge country to ship products asdds up etc etc

(the guy at Old navy in the USA is getting paid $6-$7 per hour with no health care, that kid in vancouver $11 or $12 garunteed with free health care) are the jeans still more?
maybe china is ripping us off because in china those jeans are 5 bucks lol

p.s. old navy sucks:p,,,

pps no one is stoping you guys from going to the usa so whats the problem?

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
USPS is the way to ship from USA for sure,,, minimal grief good price fair timing......

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

the product manufactured out of canada may not be taxed but they minute they sell it in canada they pay more income tax then a business in the usa (the usa manufacturers nothing lol)
is realstate more in the usa?? no its cheaper so the business in canada has a bigger investment and more interest tied up in realstate or l;eases corect this is a fact....
in canada'a is minimum wage higher? yes it is so those companies paying more out,,, right,, this a fact as well
shipping in the USA is way cheaper then shipping in canada,,,, hmmm maybe this adds up,, another fact
business insurance is higher in canada well there goes a few more percent...

hey Im not saying i like it either but there is a reason for most things in life...

the mentality of me WIN WIN WIN all the time does not create success for everyone,, so ya cant win at everything unless your name is Sheen

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
None of those points add up to a 45% difference in a quad, sorry...

Real Estate in the US was always significantly higher in the US than Canada, until this last recession, so unless the business has formed in the past few years the real estate areguement doesnt fly.

Shipping is way cheaper in the US? Why? Same semis burning the same fuel, hauling the same weight. Fuel is cheaper in the US yes...but again not enough to make a 45% difference.

And YES we all do have the right to buy in the US but I hate the fact that many purchases I make I would like to make with a local or at least a Canadian business. I dont like the fact that I can save so much south of the border...and consequently do.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
None of those points add up to a 45% difference in a quad, sorry...

Real Estate in the US was always significantly higher in the US than Canada, until this last recession, so unless the business has formed in the past few years the real estate areguement doesnt fly.

Shipping is way cheaper in the US? Why? Same semis burning the same fuel, hauling the same weight. Fuel is cheaper in the US yes...but again not enough to make a 45% difference.

And YES we all do have the right to buy in the US but I hate the fact that many purchases I make I would like to make with a local or at least a Canadian business. I dont like the fact that I can save so much south of the border...and consequently do.

maybe in the top 5 major cities maybe realstate was similar in price, otherwise its always been cheaper down south come on

and is it really 45% on a quad no its not lol Im going to look

reason shipping is cheaper because every 100miles the usa has twice our population so our products are on the truck twice as long is what I was saying,, this makes sense right? well and the truck was 45% cheaper hahaha

Im with ya Id rather suport local but hey I have gone south too but no point in blaming canada is all im saying,,,,

you gots to shop for the good deals out there:beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Omg so kawasakis and yamahas are overpriced in canada too?

Omfg!!
Alert the press!!

Who knew!

Crycrycry

I THOUGHT BRP WAS THE ONLY EVIL IN THIS CROSS BORDER GAME.

WTF?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Omg so kawasakis and yamahas are overpriced in canada too?

Omfg!!
Alert the press!!

Who knew!

Crycrycry

I THOUGHT BRP WAS THE ONLY EVIL IN THIS CROSS BORDER GAME.

WTF?

shheeet maxwell i thought you new it all, you didn't know this. man i may have to rethink your sledding godliness position. you may need to get out more. or ask bogger for some life coaching.

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why are things more here? Because they can. Why do you think Canada has one the highest rates for cellular in the WORLD? because we are stupid enough
to pay. If we voted with our wallets I bet you'ld be surprised how fast co's would come crawling back.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there is a huge misconception regarding the profit margins Dealerships actually make. They don't make the big bucks on the sale of new units as many people think. When people come into the store trying to get the best price, comparing it to US pricing it can be counter productive. While you may save 1000 or more in your original purchase price, you may end up losing your local dealership due to lack of support. Each dollar you spend in your community circulates 10 times. This is huge for your community, but also your dealership who stock those parts you need at the last minute, who will sometimes open the doors after hours to get your sled going over a long weekend or holiday. If you support your dealership it helps them to hire knowledgeable people like your parts guys or service guys who can take the time to trouble shoot your questions. Support your dealership.

Top Bottom