the difference between usa and canada dealers prices

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok a knuckle for my brute is 115.00 usd from a kawi dealer [ parts nation ]

and from any dealer in alberta its 385.00 for the same thing [ same part # even ].... dealer said kawi canada decides the price's....

w.t.f

are we all getting screwed all the time in canada?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would have been ok with mabe 165-170... even tho our dollar is worth more and i know it takes time to adust pricing..

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is Fawked! You can goto the states and buy a 2011 Brute for $7000 BRAND NEW with Winch. Here they are like 13500 by the time you add taxes and crap plus a winch.

You could have it to canada and registered for under 9000WTF Over a $4500 dollar difference!

I know where im getting my next toy, and i dont care weather or not it has warrenty or if im supporting our Economy. Its time for people to get with the times!:rolleyes:

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its worth heading south to pick up pretty much everything. Sleds, holiday trailers, trucks, just have your paperwork lined up for the border and get ready to save some cash.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is Fawked! You can goto the states and buy a 2011 Brute for $7000 BRAND NEW with Winch. Here they are like 13500 by the time you add taxes and crap plus a winch.

You could have it to canada and registered for under 9000WTF Over a $4500 dollar difference!

I know where im getting my next toy, and i dont care weather or not it has warrenty or if im supporting our Economy. Its time for people to get with the times!:rolleyes:

$4500 buys a guy lots of parts...

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the reason being is as follows:

American business mind is sell lots of volume with less margin (Walmart theory)

Canadian business mind is sell less volume with high margin

I have seen this mind set doing business in both countries time after time. I guess population density may have played a role in this way of thinking.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
There are huge differences in the pricing sometimes and I get asked this all the time why are our prices higher than say Skinz or why we can't offer the same deals on goggles as Habervision directly.

The long and short answer is because....LOL!!

We pay for all of our orders via credit card which carries a 3% international banking fee, the exchange, which is not the same as when you go into the bank to convert money, most credit cards have a different rate entirely, sometimes we are also charged a flat fee on our card for doing an out of country transaction (I have no idea why sometimes we do and sometimes we don't). Then we have to have the items shipped. Shipping from the US to Canada is very expensive. To save money we have a US address that we have items shipped to we then travel down ourselves and pick up the items, we do this to keep costs down. When we are also ordering we have stock shipped by the pallet-full. It costs me about $300.00 to have a pallet of stock shipped from Skinz so I make sure I have a full one. Also each time we enter into the US to pick up our stock the US government charges $11.50 to enter the country.

To keep our costs down we do ALL of our own brokering. Brokerage fees can be ridiculous!!! It's not hard but you do have to have a tax number and know the codes.

This is to get it to our door step and then of course there is the shipping to the customer.

When all is said and done though I feel our prices are in line when you consider all of the above. Alot of people don't realize all the little "fees" there are when getting product from the US into Canada. Everyone wants there piece of the pie from the banks to border services. However on the big ticket items...I priced out a truck down there and it is between $35,000 to $40,000 cheaper.

Here's a little story to end my diatribe

I ordered up a hood I paid for it on my credit card so I had all the banking fees to pay. I was then told to send it via UPS the shipping would be $150.00 I choked but said okay. A few days later I get a call from UPS at the border wondering if I wanted them to broker the package across the border? I was like WTH I thought I paid to have that done when I had it shipped. So I said yes, really at that point what was I going to say? UPS then told me the fee for that would be an ADDITIONAL $55.00 again I was like WTH!!!! So I asked what would happen if I didn't pay for them to broker it for me and they said it would get put into a warehouse where it would probably sit for another 6 months until someone decided to look at it....GRRRRRR!!! So I paid all the fees. Long story short I almost paid as much in "Shipping and fees" than I did for the darn hood!!!

Last edited:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Yup it is but I also ordered a package and had it shipped through USPS to my US address. It was shipped Jan 31 and got to Sweet Grass May 29...UGH!!!!

Jan

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok a knuckle for my brute is 115.00 usd from a kawi dealer [ parts nation ]

and from any dealer in alberta its 385.00 for the same thing [ same part # even ].... dealer said kawi canada decides the price's....

w.t.f

are we all getting screwed all the time in canada?

i just ordered a wet clutch for abuddies 700 grizz from the us.
all clutch parts, housing, seals, bearings, etc that are in the wet clutch came to a grand total of 529.00 plus 180.00 for shipping. just the wet clutch pack up here was 549, housing was around 400, one way bearing was 190, regular bearing was around 60 bucks, and on and on. by the time i got it here i saved aprox 500 bucks over what it would have cost in canada for the exact same parts. all parts were genuine yamaha as well.

hard to swallow the canadian advantage with pricing like that.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shheeet tex, with all the loose cash you have ya should have bought 2 kawasaki's. one for parts.
you finnaly must have had to open that big fat wallet, prices are way cheaper in the states, just don't get it sent UPS. or get bigger fatter wallet.

Last edited:

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Strange I ship with USPS all the time and have never had an overly long wait.
It is longer than UPS but waaaaaaaaaay cheaper, I just try to plan ahead a little.:beer:

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UPS is easily the worst shipping company for cross border shipments. Frankly, if a vendor in the states won't use anyone but UPS, I tend to shop elsewhere.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are huge differences in the pricing somtimes and I get asked this all the time why are prices are higher than say Skinz or why we can't offer the same dealers on goggles as Habervision directly.

The long and short answer is because....LOL!!

We pay for all of our orders via credit card which carries a 3% international banking fee, the exchange, which is not the same as when you go into the bank to convert money, most credit cards have a different rate entirely, sometimes we are also charged a flat fee on our card for doing an out of country transaction (I have no idea why sometimes we do and sometimes we don't). Then we have to have the items shipped. Shipping from the US to Canada is very expensive. To save money we have a US address that we have items shipped to we then travel down ourselves and pick up the items, we do this to keep costs down. When we are also ordering we have stock shipped by the pallet-full. It costs me about $300.00 to have a pallet of stock shipped from Skinz so I make sure I have a full one. Also each time we enter into the US to pick up our stock the US government charges $11.50 to enter the country.

To keep our costs down we do ALL of our own brokering. Brokerage fees can be ridiculous!!! It's not hard but you do have to have a tax number and know the codes.

This is to get it to our door step and then of course there is the shipping to the customer.

When all is said and done though I feel our prices are in line when you consider all of the above. Alot of people don't realize all the little "fees" there are when getting product from the US into Canada. Everyone wants there piece of the pie from the banks to border services. However on the big ticket items...I priced out a truck down there and it is between $35,000 to $40,000 cheaper.

Here's a little story to end my diatribe

I ordered up a hood I paid for it on my credit card so I had all the banking fees to pay. I was then told to send it via UPS the shipping would be $150.00 I choked but said okay. A few days later I get a call from UPS at the border wondering if I wanted them to broker the package across the border? I was like WTH I thought I paid to have that done when I had it shipped. So I said yes, really at that point what was I going to say? UPS then told me the fee for that would be an ADDITIONAL $55.00 again I was like WTH!!!! So I asked what would happen if I didn't pay for them to broker it for me and they said it would get put into a warehouse where it would probably sit for another 6 months until someone decided to look at it....GRRRRRR!!! So I paid all the fees. Long story short I almost paid as much in "Shipping and fees" than I did for the darn hood!!!

dont ship with UPS. They are great with these customs fees. Packages are inspected randomly and from time to time you will need a broker. They get away with it because most people dont know. We do a lot of cross border sampling of various products and if I avoid UPS we never have any extra fees. Use Fedex. They are better or DHL.

Top Bottom