The best skeg stretch

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread should heat up pretty fast, your going fast down a trail AND riding through mud! Lol prepare to get torn a new one by the fun police of this site.

Awesome riding though, looks like an sweet trail.

Sent from a iPhone

Assaulter13

Reaction score
Awesome video - makes me want to get a quad! Nice work -- looks like a pile of fun.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A trained eye can clearly tell this was on private land simply by the texture of the flying mud......

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's your avatar again! Nice video can't wait to rip the skeg up this weekend. I don't know why people get so worked up about us ripping up muskeg? What good is it for and it's usually out in the middle of know where!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong...I'm not the fun police, but I will tell you what I know from experience. We (Rimbey Kinsmen) used to put on a poker ralley at Medicine Lake...been doing it for 12 years with no problems. Every year, the ralley grew in popularity, and so did the online posting of pics and video. Lots of helmet cams of guys ripping sh!t up in the muskeg...no big deal, right? I mean, it's in the middle of nowhere, nobody cares, right? WRONG....SRD cares, don't kid yourself, they are constantly watching for videos suchas the OP's. We can't get permitting for a public ralley anymore, and trust me, it's just the beginning. I just got off the phone with them...the Bighorn area is shut down "until further notice"....the Fall Creek area is still open, but they are working feverishly at closing it before the long weekend. They have the power to do it folks, and they are trying. It's only a matter of time before it happens to your favorite area. I'm not saying don't ride in the skeg...I'm just saying that it should be kept to yourselves. You can flame me if you want, but I have been in meetings in the SRD office, on more than one occasion, so trust me...I know what is happening. I'm not a "greenie", or even an advocate for treading lightly, but every video of a quad ripping up the muskeg is another nail in your own coffin. Take my words for what they are, go have fun, but just remember that Big Brother IS watching.

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well said Goodngruby I believe in having lots of fun as well but its getting almost to the point where Big Brother is there with sound and video saying No Not Allowed.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong...I'm not the fun police, but I will tell you what I know from experience. We (Rimbey Kinsmen) used to put on a poker ralley at Medicine Lake...been doing it for 12 years with no problems. Every year, the ralley grew in popularity, and so did the online posting of pics and video. Lots of helmet cams of guys ripping sh!t up in the muskeg...no big deal, right? I mean, it's in the middle of nowhere, nobody cares, right? WRONG....SRD cares, don't kid yourself, they are constantly watching for videos suchas the OP's. We can't get permitting for a public ralley anymore, and trust me, it's just the beginning. I just got off the phone with them...the Bighorn area is shut down "until further notice"....the Fall Creek area is still open, but they are working feverishly at closing it before the long weekend. They have the power to do it folks, and they are trying. It's only a matter of time before it happens to your favorite area. I'm not saying don't ride in the skeg...I'm just saying that it should be kept to yourselves. You can flame me if you want, but I have been in meetings in the SRD office, on more than one occasion, so trust me...I know what is happening. I'm not a "greenie", or even an advocate for treading lightly, but every video of a quad ripping up the muskeg is another nail in your own coffin. Take my words for what they are, go have fun, but just remember that Big Brother IS watching.

The Fun Police Thank you for this reply. From all of us Fun Police. Someone has to start saying it may as well be me. I wamt my kid,kids to be able to ride in Alberta

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be the first to post and say that ain't skeg,.. Why cause a SxS made it, no one used winches and it looks to me it has a bottom. You want skeg you come this way,.. you'll get 10ft, and later on in the day you don't even bother putting your winch line all the way in, you just wrap it around your front bumper, cause it gets used more than a $10 hooker on shore leave,.. nuff said,..

Nice video though

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be the first to post and say that ain't skeg,.. Why cause a SxS made it, no one used winches and it looks to me it has a bottom. You want skeg you come this way,.. you'll get 10ft, and later on in the day you don't even bother putting your winch line all the way in, you just wrap it around your front bumper, cause it gets used more than a $10 hooker on shore leave,.. nuff said,..

Nice video though
X2....enough traction to almost wheelie over backwards. Not skeg lol

Reaction score
X2....enough traction to almost wheelie over backwards. Not skeg lol

......It's skeg lol... A bit of frost still in the ground perhaps..... I'm sure there's more than a few guys on here that could'nt have skipped through that spot anyways lol... Went out last week to a "Private property location of ours" and we were truckin through stuff that'd eat your lunch like a fat chick before the dinner bell in the dead of summer (still has frost down there)....

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
......It's skeg lol... A bit of frost still in the ground perhaps..... I'm sure there's more than a few guys on here that could'nt have skipped through that spot anyways lol... Went out last week to a "Private property location of ours" and we were truckin through stuff that'd eat your lunch like a fat chick before the dinner bell in the dead of summer (still has frost down there)....
Forgot about frost lol nice vid

Last edited:
Top Bottom