Thank you Canadian Avalanche Center!!!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm organizing a winter survival class for kids for the Phys Ed classes that I help instruct. Pretty excited to be doing this. Many of you know my passion for kids, and my passion for the backcountry, so to be able to mentor little guys into safe winter activities is pretty amazing.

I'm working with a Search and Rescue peep, as well as a few other sledders. The Kashuba family has graciously offered to lend the kids beacons for their beacon practices!

After talking with Bridget from the Canadian Avalanche Center, I was even more thankful. She's sending us materials to further aid in this education. An absolute blessing!!!! They have sooo many resources available for educators, and are willing to help in so many ways. She gave me awesome curriculum ideas and helped point me towards some great websites to help me plan out this 5 week class.

Thank you again Bridget!!!! You Rock!!!!!!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have to say a humungous Thank you to our club, Kokanee Country Snowmobile club, as they are purchasing all the videos we need to get the word out to these little backcountry kiddies.
I will have all of the videos available for sign out for our club members. Just pm me to make arrangements.

Peace out!
Momma

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super Momma! :wtg: Great to have ambassadors like you representing and educating the new breed of sledders! Things like this will make such a difference in where our sport goes from here. We can make a positive change and keep our sport alive and well...or we can sit on our azzes and complain about the bad image and areas that are getting closed. Everyone has a choice.

Thanks Momma for making the choice to be dedicated to the sport and for taking steps for positive change. :)

ps...don't forget to get it on vid :p

Bwhahahahhahahahah

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sooo much guys!! I just got home from my PE class and the kids are beyond excited!! They've even started doing their own research to WOW me. lol!!!

We'll for sure be videoing and taking lots of pictures!!! It's going to be awesome! This is a fantastic group of kids.
I told the kids today I have the best job ever.... we had just finished playing Dodge ball.. .I said.. I get to Throw things at kids.... Play in the snow with kids... and Jam with kids (I teach music too).. life is good.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's awesome MOMMA!! So glad there are peeps like you stepping up to that plate, as well as the CAC, to educate the up and comers!! Soooooo important....and kids are so different than adults when learning, they suck it all up like a sponge and they NEVER forget.

When we took our avy class last winter, our then 13 yr old son processed all that information so efficiently in the class, that when we did the field day he was the fastest with the beacon searches!! And he didn't need any instruction!!

Aren't kids AWESOME???:Cool9:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's awesome MOMMA!! So glad there are peeps like you stepping up to that plate, as well as the CAC, to educate the up and comers!! Soooooo important....and kids are so different than adults when learning, they suck it all up like a sponge and they NEVER forget.

When we took our avy class last winter, our then 13 yr old son processed all that information so efficiently in the class, that when we did the field day he was the fastest with the beacon searches!! And he didn't need any instruction!!

Aren't kids AWESOME???:Cool9:

They are soooo awesome!!! They really do learn fast and immediately utilize what they learn in life. It's kind of funny, these kids are chomping at the bit, wanting these classes to start yesterday, while it's like pulling teeth to get some adults out to our beacon practices and Avalanche refreshers. I'm thinking these little guys will inspire alot of adults to thing twice about winter safety.

ps. I love how you incorporate your kiddies into sledding and life Snoqueen! You're one great momma bear!!

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks MOMMA!! You are sooooo right about kids inspiring adults.....after all, they are the next generation of sledders, and they better have lots of back country awareness, and have the utmost respect for the areas we ride in now!! They have to be the ones to take charge and learn all about stewardship agreements, and riding safely out there....:wtg:

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
Props to you Momma!! Love how you inspire safety in the kids and also within your community.

I used to teach the older kids and dodgeball was one of my faves ;)

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Top Bottom