Tether

kingofthehill

Reaction score
Hey guys im just wondering what you are using for a tether on your new rmk pros. Mine never came with one and I never seen one in the Polaris website. I know slp makes one but I'd like a Polaris one if possible.Thanks

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris Parts has one for sure and it plugs in with no fuss. Have one on mine.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im just wondering what you are using for a tether on your new rmk pros. Mine never came with one and I never seen one in the Polaris website. I know slp makes one but I'd like a Polaris one if possible.Thanks

I installed the Polaris one. I don't have the part number on me to post, but your dealer should have one or be able to get the part number. It was a simple install and it cost me like $35.00cdn.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didnt know polaris climb high enough to have a tether. haha jk.I dont know why any sled would come without one

I put one on mine as well,very easy to do..it is wrapped up in a velco cover,so look in there for it...as far as I know Doo is the only one that has a tether already installed,everyone else good money grab by the companies.

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
yeah I just put the polaris one in too. Plug and play. Follows the other wires right up to the bars and mounts cleanly on the bars.

Luvinit

Reaction score
I put on a Pingel spring clip style tether once I finally got sick of those rubber cap style ones falling off at the worse possible time. Can,t remember where I ordered it from , a search will find one.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
part # 4010849 - $39.99
here is some pics of mine installed and where it located
take ur hood off, and as mentioned above there is a velcro bag on the steering post
open it up and there is a 2 prong plug - this is it!

plug in and mount the switch...done and done

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

heres where its located
Ill try to post some more pics later, photobucket is being a pain in the a$$ right now

Last edited:

XP2009

Reaction score
I put on a Pingel spring clip style tether once I finally got sick of those rubber cap style ones falling off at the worse possible time. Can,t remember where I ordered it from , a search will find one.

CR sells Pingel. Nice product, looks different.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've thought a lot about the Teth Air system, but imho, it is just retarded expensive. I'll likely buy the Polaris unit as well.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used a PRO Armor tether on my PRO...I have used these on my last 2 sleds and they work great and are easy to operate with gloves. I have found that the Pingel ones freeze open and won't always do their job when pulled.

Pro Armor Kill Switch

You can get the PRO Armor unit through any dealer that deals with Parts Canada Part # A2130

Honda619

Reaction score
Is there much to install these units?
I used a PRO Armor tether on my PRO...I have used these on my last 2 sleds and they work great and are easy to operate with gloves. I have found that the Pingel ones freeze open and won't always do their job when pulled.

Pro Armor Kill Switch

You can get the PRO Armor unit through any dealer that deals with Parts Canada Part # A2130

EricW

Reaction score
I have run the Pro Design water craft type tether with the wishbone clip on the 11 and 12 Pro's. I went with black and it looks great. Clamps right to the Pro Taper bars and I wired it into the existing kill switch wires so I also disabled the existing kill switch. In the Velcro wrapped wire connector cluster at the steering post the kill switch wires are a 2 wire weather tight connector with black/blue stripe being positive and black being ground. On the tether the short wire is ground (hook to black) and the longer wire is positive (hook to black/blue stripe). I butt connected with epoxy heat shrink connectors upstream from the connector so I can still unplug to remove bars etc. Clean install that works great.I have also ran the OEM Polaris tether but found after a few months some would start to fail. I like the sealed watercraft type better wi a plunger and wishbone clip. Good luck. EW

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have run the Pro Design water craft type tether with the wishbone clip on the 11 and 12 Pro's. I went with black and it looks great. Clamps right to the Pro Taper bars and I wired it into the existing kill switch wires so I also disabled the existing kill switch. In the Velcro wrapped wire connector cluster at the steering post the kill switch wires are a 2 wire weather tight connector with black/blue stripe being positive and black being ground. On the tether the short wire is ground (hook to black) and the longer wire is positive (hook to black/blue stripe). I butt connected with epoxy heat shrink connectors upstream from the connector so I can still unplug to remove bars etc. Clean install that works great.I have also ran the OEM Polaris tether but found after a few months some would start to fail. I like the sealed watercraft type better wi a plunger and wishbone clip. Good luck. EW

Very similar design as the Pro Armor. As far as the wiring goes...it shouldn't matter which wire goes to where as it is a normally open circuit...so when you pull the tether, it closes the circuit and short it out...shutting it down...

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've thought a lot about the Teth Air system, but imho, it is just retarded expensive. I'll likely buy the Polaris unit as well.

$299 is our list but we now are giving 10% to forum members if you let us know. You must understand that we are pushed even at this price as there has been 6 years of R and D and there are many costs such as FCC and Industry Canada certification plus patent licensing costs also. If this was a high volume retail item (large market) the price would come down but without huge production runs this is all we can do.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$299 is our list but we now are giving 10% to forum members if you let us know. You must understand that we are pushed even at this price as there has been 6 years of R and D and there are many costs such as FCC and Industry Canada certification plus patent licensing costs also. If this was a high volume retail item (large market) the price would come down but without huge production runs this is all we can do.

How does your system work? Does it shut down the sled after you are away from it a certain distance? If so, what is the distance? Thanks...

Top Bottom