Tether or no tether

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think even less. I would say 5% So many people couldn't be bothered, until they have or see a runaway sled with full throttle.

To each their own but the reality only about 20% of guys with corded tethers use them.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't there some pictures on here at one time of a guys sled parked in his neighbors basement. If he would have connected his tether prior to starting, it probably would have stopped at the fence

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think even less. I would say 5% So many people couldn't be bothered, until they have or see a runaway sled with full throttle.

I want to wear mine but it gets ripped off by tree's or gets tangled some way or another so I cant wear it,,, it actualy got pulled one time by a tree on a steep slope, it killed the sled and sent us rolling downhill lol, that was my last day, now it dangles on the bars hahaha

the manufacturer's need to find a better solution like Teth-Air, this is not rocket science and with all this mountain R&D the last few years ya would think this would come on the sled.

I think the ski manufacturers gave up teathers 30 plus years ago lol...... so basic

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to wear mine but it gets ripped off by tree's or gets tangled some way or another so I cant wear it,,, it actualy got pulled one time by a tree on a steep slope, it killed the sled and sent us rolling downhill lol, that was my last day, now it dangles on the bars hahaha

the manufacturer's need to find a better solution like Teth-Air, this is not rocket science and with all this mountain R&D the last few years ya would think this would come on the sled.

I think the ski manufacturers gave up teathers 30 plus years ago lol...... so basic

u gotta stop jumpin around like brandt ,jt,,,ur on a xp ,,,meadows n straight climbs...lol...

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are you attaching the tether?

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

At least I'm not the only one with this problem/concern. I'll try an extension like the boys said.....if that doesn't work maybe a teth-air. See what happens...

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your an idiot if you have a teather installed and don't use it. Figure out a way to make it work. I keep mine attached to my jacket, perhaps the Polaris ones are longer? I find mine the perfect length. I have never had it get in the way once. Best $30 I have ever spent.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well you may be right but in a poll only 20% said they used their tether. They may have been embarasssed and fudged the numbers.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are u riding into the tree ?? lol do u have it tied to yer azz ?? never had a problem with the cord since they started to put them on sleds and just think 0.o if the cord breaks u can tie it back together ... but if the teth air breaks u might as well throw it in the garbage !

Or return it for warranty repair. Try to do that with a broken cord!

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't there some pictures on here at one time of a guys sled parked in his neighbors basement. If he would have connected his tether prior to starting, it probably would have stopped at the fence

TheEscape.jpg

sittingonthecouch.jpg

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bhahahahaha!!! Would have liked to see a video of that.

When you guys are just running the sleds in you garages, do you usually connect your tethers?

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After hearing of the horror stories of guys getting ripped up by their own track I bought a tether when I picked up my '12 RMK last year. For the $25 and half hour it took for me to install it I think it's worth it.

Years ago I watched a quad go WOT through the bush after a branch stuck the throttle open and buck the rider off and sometimes think it would be a great idea on my ATV's too!

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My tethers showed up yesterday. Made some brackets and got them installed today. Wasn't sure where to tie into. Tried to put in line with the kill switch, didn't work. Then I looked at the ignition key and found a spare plug with the same color wires as the kill switch. Jumped the two together and no sparky. I had to lengthen my switch wiring and I mounted on the handle bar risers.

IMG-20120929-00017_zpsee862352.jpg

IMG-20120929-00018_zps0c3f296d.jpg

IMG-20120929-00020_zps426dc737.jpg

IMG-20120929-00022_zps8108506c.jpg

I might end up cutting the rubber so the tether isn't tucked up behind. It pulls out easy but........

I did Katie's machine a little differently. Same idea but she does not have as high of riser so I dropped the bracket down low. Easier to get at...

IMG-20120929-00026_zps95d35a70.jpg

IMG-20120929-00025_zps77abf69b.jpg

The extra holes in the brackets don't add any more horse power but with the weight saving I figure it will help me get up the hill approximately 1/8" farther :cool:

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tether...yes. Wife flopped her Apex over side hilling and it went WOT with her head against the track,scary moment.The tether for her sled is like $200.00 but it's money well spent.

Top Bottom