Tether or no tether

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmm with body motion and turning the ski's ... not sure i would mount it there ???

I wondered about it but lock to lock the tether only moves maybe an inch either way.
Then I thought if you are side hilling you are turning the sled away from the hill which is actually toward your body and more in line with the tether. It will be closer to the body in all situations than if it was mounted to one side of the dash somewhere.
If I have any issues I will be sure to let everyone know.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wondered about it but lock to lock the tether only moves maybe an inch either way.
Then I thought if you are side hilling you are turning the sled away from the hill which is actually toward your body and more in line with the tether. It will be closer to the body in all situations than if it was mounted to one side of the dash somewhere.
If I have any issues I will be sure to let everyone know.
As long as you have them on there AND use them every time it'll be good! I recommend throwing away the stainless "dog leash" end that attaches to your jacket. Mine is a PITA so I'm going with a velcro strap that goes around my wrist. Seen one on a buddies sled and much more user friendly. Those small ones that come with the tethers are hard to hook up with gloves on. :)

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as you have them on there AND use them every time it'll be good! I recommend throwing away the stainless "dog leash" end that attaches to your jacket. Mine is a PITA so I'm going with a velcro strap that goes around my wrist. Seen one on a buddies sled and much more user friendly. Those small ones that come with the tethers are hard to hook up with gloves on. :)

Cuso wrote A large keychain carabiner helps when you have gloves on.

Two Great ideas.

THX!!!

Top Bottom