Testing an A/C compressor???

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking at buying a second hand A/C compressor for my house it is a 2008 Lennox xc13 3ton compressor 1550 sheer. Just wondering is there any way I can test it before I buy it?? Is there any trick to do or can I take it to a Lennox dealer would they be able to test it somehow?? Thanks guys

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post up the model and brand name on the compressor itself and I will tell you what the resistance reading should be across the electrical terminals. There will also be one or more capacitors which will have their values printed on them, measured with a good multimeter. If the copper lines coming out of the condensing unit have not been pinched off and brazed shut, then value of that unit is $0.00

Uptown

Reaction score
I Have a refrigeration ticket..... Would not recommend a used compressor. What is the problem you have now?
For the amount of labour and money to change it out, and do it properly! I wouldnt put a used one in.
Yes a guy can check resistances and capacitance, using a multimeter check for opens, shorts, grounds ect.

Top Bottom