teryx shocks on a rhino

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just finished the instal on teryx shocks on my rhino. i got all 4 for under $200 with shipping and exchange rate to canada. my fronts were pounded out and the budget is tight so i thought i would try it, we have too much snow for a test drive right now but here is the instal pictures.
the fronts just bolted up nicely although a little longer. my ground clearence was 10.5" before and was 13.5" after the swap with 27" tires. here is stock fronts(dirty)beside the kawi fronts
DSC00505.jpg

stock rears beside the kawi rears
DSC00506.jpg

this shows how much material has to be removed from the bottom the kawi shock to fit
DSC00507.jpg

this is the 2 rear kawi shocks after the one has the material removed
DSC00508.jpg

here is the first rear installed the resi upside down and toward the a-arm
DSC00511.jpg

the rear ground clearance went from 13.5" to 14.5" but that is without my box on it.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no i dont know, i havent adjusted them yet i was going to go for a ride first before i start adjusting them i think they are pretty stiff as they are, the fronts can go one softer on the preload, the rears are preload and compression adjustable so i think they should be good with a little tuning, as the teryx is wider and heavier i am expecting them to be heavier for sure, but as fast as i killed the stock fronts maybe they will last a bit, the fronts should break in a bit too,

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i got to go out and actually try them out, they are stiff but i like them i started calling my rhino a 3/4 ton, it is definitely rougher at slower going but i am usually tapped out anyway and these will not bottom out, went to crash through a 2 foot high snow bank and it was a little hard i was about 4 foot high in the air and cleared 6 feet on the ground landed ugly up hill and it soaked it up really well and with the ground clearance it rips in the snow. no mud yet but i like it, the springs already have softened up a little and i expect them to break in a little more.

Top Bottom