Team tied conversion kits

Etech 800

Reaction score
I have 2014 Summit X 163", I have full exhaust, v force 3 reeds and the Team tied conversion kit. I was at Renshaw yesterday climbing with my sled on clicker 5 on my climbs, and was good hitting 8000 until I started to peak out on my climb then my revs would slowly decrease to 7300 as I turn out. Go to clicker 6 after and sleds overreving as I hit tracks pinned but once In the powder climbing I would hold 8000 no decreasing rpm.what do I need to do to get a solid 8000 throughout the whole climb. My pin weight is set for 3000-6000ft, should I set it for 6000-9000ft. Wish the guys who installed my conversion kit left me with the pin weight to elevation chart...

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2014 Summit X 163", I have full exhaust, v force 3 reeds and the Team tied conversion kit. I was at Renshaw yesterday climbing with my sled on clicker 5 on my climbs, and was good hitting 8000 until I started to peak out on my climb then my revs would slowly decrease to 7300 as I turn out. Go to clicker 6 after and sleds overreving as I hit tracks pinned but once In the powder climbing I would hold 8000 no decreasing rpm.what do I need to do to get a solid 8000 throughout the whole climb. My pin weight is set for 3000-6000ft, should I set it for 6000-9000ft. Wish the guys who installed my conversion kit left me with the pin weight to elevation chart...

Sounds like tps and raves out a bit. All 3 etec's have done that to me. One 2013 and 2 2014's. I would bog in the pow and over rev on hard pack

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Should have left it stock. My sled pulls 8g all day(on clicker 3) and I never had to spend 750$ on a team tied that doesn't work. Pipe and Reeds are a waste of money too IMO on a new etec. But hey what do I know....

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sure it's clutching? If your doing big long climbs in deep snow your sled is probably starting to get warm and it's de-tuning its self. Get a thermostat housing to help it keep cooler and put some vents in. I got a thermostat housing and I very rarely see over three bars on my temp gauge

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree with you but he isn't asking about how to spend his money.
Wants info on his set up but hard to help out if no info on ramps ,springs.
Pin weights and tied helix angle.
# 5 seems high to me.

QUOTE=lilduke;1897895]Should have left it stock. My sled pulls 8g all day(on clicker 3) and I never had to spend 750$ on a team tied that doesn't work. Pipe and Reeds are a waste of money too IMO on a new etec. But hey what do I know....[/QUOTE]

Etech 800

Reaction score
Ya sorry guys i have not a lot of info on the exact spring, pin weights, and helix angle. Just bought the conversion kit. Had all the exact mods on my 2011 etech 154" and it ran mint. It's pin weights were set for the 6000-9000ft on recommendation chart that came with the instruction manual.conversion kit includes spring for primary and pin kit, team secondary and hollow jack shaft to mount secondary...B

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should have left it stock. My sled pulls 8g all day(on clicker 3) and I never had to spend 750$ on a team tied that doesn't work. Pipe and Reeds are a waste of money too IMO on a new etec. But hey what do I know....

Both my 2014 doos were spitting belts in 400 km and pulling down In Rpm's. some of us don't get the perfect sled and need to tweak. In revy on my first ride I was on 5 and 2 other guys were all click 3-4. That tells me my sled wasn't running strong right from new. It slowly got worse. Have your dealer check the rave and tps. Now my sleds rip after I pushed hard for the dealer to go through them. And I also did a team. 10 mins to the bar and I can hold my belt now. Before the team 2 minutes to the bar and I could'nt hold the belt unless i waited 15 mins. Doo clutches get insane hot. It should hold rpms or there is a power issue

Last edited:

Etech 800

Reaction score
Ya I ll have to talk to them about the raves and tps... It rips on a little set up snow but revs jump around when hitting powder

Etech 800

Reaction score
So you don't think it has anything to do with my team having it's pin weights set up for 6000-9000ft elevation?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you don't think it has anything to do with my team having it's pin weights set up for 6000-9000ft elevation?
No. I have a 137" freeride for ditch banger. On click one on a groomed trail it would pull 7900 and the longer I held it the rpms would creep higher. But if I went for a ditch ride in fresh deep snow I needed click 4-5 to hit 8000. I really think your having the same issues I had with both sleds. They ran fine but diddnt run fine if that makes any sense. Now they pull hard all the time no matter the snow changes

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm interesting cause i have a new 2014 and i noticed when i was riding super super deep stuff that my rpm were all over the place as well. i wonder if mine also has an issue

Etech 800

Reaction score
I talked to Jason at Riderz in edson and he figures my belt is to slack need to keep my deflection a little tighter and maybe drop my pin weight. He deals a lot with the team kits

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What pipe are you running? Put the stock pipe back on before yah spend to much time fooling with the clutching. I had a tied on a etec the team kit is a 59 straight cut helix, black purple sec spring.
Primary is I think a 160/380 spring a small pinweight kit, and 441 ramps I'm thinking 12.8 grams but I can't remember.
I had a issue with pipe that did exactially what your describing on a ptek. And I was running a TSS-4 team on that sled.
Lastly I've noticed that the rpm will fade on a long pull when the intakes are heavily plugged with snow on the xm. Clean them off and pull the same hill and rpm is rock solid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Team runs a really steep angle for some reason. With that spring and everything else you listed you would want around 14 grams of weight. That should put you where you want up to approx 6500' from past experience with Team clutches.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't be an issue with the crank shop pipe and y. No personal experience with bike man but hear good things about them. Some of the etec a only worked properly with a hps or jaws can. Try putting your stock muffler on and see what it does.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah leave the ypipe on and try putting the stock expansion chamber on. And try that Your running a mixed combo of exhaust. Did you do all this at the same time. Sounds like you were running the bikeman can before the pipe. The team tied recommended setup works, I've run it, on my 11. Unless u bought a kit from someone else and it's not teams recommended etec setup.
If you had too much pinweight in you would be struggling to see your max rpm off the start of the pull.
Like I said I've run into this before and chased my tail thinking it was clutching, I put the stock pipe back on and fixed my rpm drop problem.

As for belt adjustment on the tied, the top of the sheave should line up with the bottom of the belt cog. The team clutches are larger in diameter compared to the qrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom