Team diabetes

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello peeps.

So.... My friends mom and I are in a marathon. Is held in Athens Greece, On November 8. I will be running/walking 10 k.I need to raise $6100.00 for the CANADIAN DIABETES ASSOCIATION.

Team diabetes is the national activity fundraising program for the Canadian Diabetes Association. By getting involved in the program, promotes a healthy and active lifestyle while raising funds for a great cause. I also will be getting the satisifaction of achieving a personal goal while making a difference.

If you are willing to donate please go to ...........................

teamdiabetes.ca

click on pledge participant..........
tannis
lock
edmonton.

Every donation of $15.00 or more will receive a tax receipt.

Any persons wanting to go to Athens Greece to support the runners, are welcome and receive a discount to travel with team canada.
Any other questions please contact me.

Thanks.

These are my goals they have outlined for me.......( I must meet.:eek:),

July 3..........$2500.00
August 14,... $4500.00
October 9.....$6100.00

I will keep this thread updated with my progress and all info related with this event.

Thanks, DL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DL.. Thats awesome!! I will be sending in some $$$... My Mom has diabetes, as did my grandma..

Means alot.. Proud of you.. Thanks..!

S

sldgy

On November 8 I will be turning 60. Got to be worth something. Let me see what I can put together for you young lady.

sledbunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey DL! First of all, I'd like to say what a great thing you are doing. I pledge 500.00 for you and such a great cause. Have a great time, and hope to see lots of pics. Have a great time!

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that on my e mail. Thank you very much. And for sure you will see lots of pics. so far Im at 1455.00. towards my 6100.00 goal I must meet. Once again thank you very much.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'll throw some loonies/twonies at you next suds night...Bwahahahahaha:d

In all seriousness the Simpson Clan has your back, I'll hit you with a couple $100 donations over the next few weeks.......

Good on ya.....

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope were allowed to have fundraisers like that. .
Good idea.

Hey, DL- good on ya!

Are you into doing an Auction-type thing on here?
I'm into helping if so. Could be done as a list or a new item everyday for people to bid on...which would be fun to watch what was coming up that day. Get the donations from members and post a new item every morning-bids close that night at specified time. Will that work? Could turn it into a way to raise $ for other causes. An S&M fundraising Auction Thread.

I have 2 nights in a nice condo in Radium BC to donate...worth about 500 bucks. Let me know if you can use it. Lots of other business people on here to donate items too! Others may have parts/accessories from sleds/bikes to donate that may not have the cash.

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who has pledged, team diabetes sends me a email list with my totals also, Im 4100.00 away from my goal of 6100.00. My next deadline is Aug 15. Once again thanks everyone for youir support.

Top Bottom