Reaction score

Attachments

• Dr evil.jpg
    Dr evil.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 469

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally found what the frenchman seem to model there deep snow machines after. Maybe next year they'll go all out and add cross augers to, or tracked ski's? Think of the flotation...

Even an 850...
17058_en_7e1e9_2981_ditch-witch-sk850-footings-machine.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So tell me why the 850 was such a game changer again?

Oh it has a 850. But wait...wasn't there already, 900's, 1000's? Lol. Doesn't seem they tried to achieve much.

Oh okay so it was a new chassis. Well geash I hoped they would have had a new chassis after running the same thing on the XP/XM 9 years! Lol. I mean throwing little adjustments on the XM and adding 3" tracks to a decade old design was more of a slap in the face to Doo riders. Just keeping them happy enough to buy new each year.

The only game changing that went on was the Doo faithful got off a subpar stretched out trail sled onto something new. Nothing revolutionary, nothing really new at all. They got something that could maybe be considered a good sled.

Well, a few months into winter and the hype isn't there anymore is it. Just a new sled. Let's see if they ride that design to its death as well. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So tell me why the 850 was such a game changer again?

Oh it has a 850. But wait...wasn't there already, 900's, 1000's? Lol. Doesn't seem they tried to achieve much.

Oh okay so it was a new chassis. Well geash I hoped they would have had a new chassis after running the same thing on the XP/XM 9 years! Lol. I mean throwing little adjustments on the XM and adding 3" tracks to a decade old design was more of a slap in the face to Doo riders. Just keeping them happy enough to buy new each year.

The only game changing that went on was the Doo faithful got off a subpar stretched out trail sled onto something new. Nothing revolutionary, nothing really new at all. They got something that could maybe be considered a good sled.

Well, a few months into winter and the hype isn't there anymore is it. Just a new sled. Let's see if they ride that design to its death as well. Lol

well first of all those 900s and 1000s wouldnt hold a candle to a new 850....soooo thats a pretty big deal

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally found what the frenchman seem to model there deep snow machines after. Maybe next year they'll go all out and add cross augers to, or tracked ski's? Think of the flotation...

Even an 850...
View attachment 201564

You mean something like this? ;)

You’ve got to love the creativity of BRP Ski-Doo engineering that came up with this track ski concept for adding sled braking.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well first of all those 900s and 1000s wouldnt hold a candle to a new 850....soooo thats a pretty big deal

They didn't have sweet 3" tracks on those sleds either.

Sooooo.....

10 years later Doo came out with something to give regular old 800's a run. So impressive.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It only has to be faster and more powerful than the competition

I completely agree. There is no doubt in my mind, that every manufacturer out there has a plan for something COMPLETELY different- but why would they release it? It only takes a subtle few changes, once in awhile, to keep them slightly ahead in a few certain ways then the competition, and the masses signing those loans.

And to be honest- so what? Look how long sleds really never changed a whole bunch, compared to the last few years. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I'm fine with a few little changes here and there- call it refinement.

I think the G4 is moving in the right direction- but until they straighten the steering, and add a little predictable rigidity to the suspension, I'll quietly watch them from the sidelines.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. Ya cause they had the same chassis in them.....

That's thing about brand loyalist, it only makes sense in their world. The crow eating in this thread has to help one think..... Maybe the competition is really good.

But, we're talking about maxwell here.... Would rather lie than admit to a problem. The exact reason, what's wrong with so many dealerships. There's proud, respectful, don't **** where you eat.... But then there is still.... honesty.

This new 850 is plagued with issues. Clutch geometry, motor mounts, torque mounts, bulkheads, and just wait for the crank bearings.....

Doo stepping up and covering belts and bulkheads proves the issues. It's only going to get worse before it gets better.

It WILL get better. Full faith in brp. Give it a couple seasons. Next year will be better, but 3rd year should be fantastic.

Loved the sled otherwise. She's gone.

Trying an 17 axys. Might as well. Had a 17 mountain cat for the end of last season.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. Ya cause they had the same chassis in them.....

That's thing about brand loyalist, it only makes sense in their world. The crow eating in this thread has to help one think..... Maybe the competition is really good.

But, we're talking about maxwell here.... Would rather lie than admit to a problem. The exact reason, what's wrong with so many dealerships. There's proud, respectful, don't **** where you eat.... But then there is still.... honesty.

This new 850 is plagued with issues. Clutch geometry, motor mounts, torque mounts, bulkheads, and just wait for the crank bearings.....

Doo stepping up and covering belts and bulkheads proves the issues. It's only going to get worse before it gets better.

It WILL get better. Full faith in brp. Give it a couple seasons. Next year will be better, but 3rd year should be fantastic.

Loved the sled otherwise. She's gone.

Trying an 17 axys. Might as well. Had a 17 mountain cat for the end of last season.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Would be interested to hear your comparisons of the three in a different thread.

Top Bottom