Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Believe when I see it.... I think yammie seems happy where they are.... Too bad. Wish Kawasaki, or Honda, or Suzuki would get in on the action.... I know, I know, Suzuki is associated through cat - doesn't count. I'd like to see these guys tool up and get back into sleds, competition :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread makes me drink

9ad7476634c0e0e2fea6f668b1c148c8.jpg

Cyrus747

Reaction score
I am a Yamaha guy…still have a mountain viper as one of my sleds…not the big pig from the last couple of years but the 2 stroke model. It has ran flawlessly like the other Yamaha’s I have owned. That being said Yamaha is no longer even in the game anymore unless you want a lake or trail machine. I compare the current offering to the Vmax 4. Lots of power but big overweight pig and a giant price tag. Also, since they teamed up with Arctic Crap I would be hesitant to buy anything that has there paws on any build. I see the breakdown as follows:

Arctic Cat…when was the last time they built anything that does not have serious issues? Been riding since the 90’s and more often than not it was a cat that ate its motor and spit it out the exhaust. In fact everyone I rode with who owned Cat had serious issues. I see from my local shop the trend continues as I f’d up and bought a Cat quad…what a disaster that has been…but that’s another story.

Polaris…fit and finish just looks meh…if their ATV’s are any indication there quality has really taken a down turn over the last 10 yrs. Do not see as many around as I used to. Lots of cheap 900’s for sale though….

Yamaha…obvious they are done with the 2 stroke market and do not care about mountain riders or anyone that has less than 20 grand to spend on a machine. I predict they will be out the high end snowmobile game all together in 5 yrs. The VK looks awesome though…

Ski Doo…pretty much seem to have taken over the market even though it seems the magic number for a top end is 2000 klicks…at least they seem to have the weight issue figured out, somewhat reliable and seem to listen to their customers about what is important. If I was buying new next year it’s a Doo hands down and I do not consider myself a Doo guy at all…

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a Yamaha guy…still have a mountain viper as one of my sleds…not the big pig from the last couple of years but the 2 stroke model. It has ran flawlessly like the other Yamaha’s I have owned. That being said Yamaha is no longer even in the game anymore unless you want a lake or trail machine. I compare the current offering to the Vmax 4. Lots of power but big overweight pig and a giant price tag. Also, since they teamed up with Arctic Crap I would be hesitant to buy anything that has there paws on any build. I see the breakdown as follows:

Arctic Cat…when was the last time they built anything that does not have serious issues? Been riding since the 90’s and more often than not it was a cat that ate its motor and spit it out the exhaust. In fact everyone I rode with who owned Cat had serious issues. I see from my local shop the trend continues as I f’d up and bought a Cat quad…what a disaster that has been…but that’s another story.

Polaris…fit and finish just looks meh…if their ATV’s are any indication there quality has really taken a down turn over the last 10 yrs. Do not see as many around as I used to. Lots of cheap 900’s for sale though….

Yamaha…obvious they are done with the 2 stroke market and do not care about mountain riders or anyone that has less than 20 grand to spend on a machine. I predict they will be out the high end snowmobile game all together in 5 yrs. The VK looks awesome though…

Ski Doo…pretty much seem to have taken over the market even though it seems the magic number for a top end is 2000 klicks…at least they seem to have the weight issue figured out, somewhat reliable and seem to listen to their customers about what is important. If I was buying new next year it’s a Doo hands down and I do not consider myself a Doo guy at all…
2000 km for a top end

U have been out of the loop for a long time

More like 5000 to 10000 km for doo now

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris and Cat both awesome mountain snowmobiles and great for what they are intended to do in the mountains, easy riding for both beginner and veteran.
There is no doubt that Ski-doo has IMO the BEST mountain snowmobile in the industry for 2017, hats off to BRP for supplying a snowmobile slightly above its competition, Polaris and Cat. In other words beginners will feel like a pro and veterans will believe they are younger then what they are LOL.
A fit all style and level snowmobile......BORING
But if your looking for something with EXCITEMENT that WILL push your LIMITS and ADRENALIN, Yamaha stands alone in everyway.

Your choice, you can snowmobile with the MUNDANE group of snowmobile's, even dash through the snow with the best in the industry.
OR STAND OUT ALONE from the crowd with their cookie cutters and get your adrenaline rush that only a Yamaha can offer.
One guarantee that the others, EVEN BRP cannot give you.....PERMA GRIN..induced by 4 stroke boost....hahaha....can you handle it....doesn't look like it.

Good job BRP.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You've never ridden a boosted 4 stroke doo then?
It is all that and a bag of chips!

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris and Cat both awesome mountain snowmobiles and great for what they are intended to do in the mountains, easy riding for both beginner and veteran.
There is no doubt that Ski-doo has IMO the BEST mountain snowmobile in the industry for 2017, hats off to BRP for supplying a snowmobile slightly above its competition, Polaris and Cat. In other words beginners will feel like a pro and veterans will believe they are younger then what they are LOL.
A fit all style and level snowmobile......BORING
But if your looking for something with EXCITEMENT that WILL push your LIMITS and ADRENALIN, Yamaha stands alone in everyway.

Your choice, you can snowmobile with the MUNDANE group of snowmobile's, even dash through the snow with the best in the industry.
OR STAND OUT ALONE from the crowd with their cookie cutters and get your adrenaline rush that only a Yamaha can offer.
One guarantee that the others, EVEN BRP cannot give you.....PERMA GRIN..induced by 4 stroke boost....hahaha....can you handle it....doesn't look like it.

Good job BRP.

i thought i was full of chit!! oly moly

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
HOLY CRAP!!!!! RIC!!!! YOU !!!!! were one eye Willie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it all makes sense now!!!

Wish I was... He sure had a knack, similar to LHF and lennyr and maxwell to get under peeps skin... 1 post from ole Willis, and the whole site would implode around it.... Maybe Momma is? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom