Talk about a FLOP

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boycot sledding for 5 years and then come back.
It will all seem advanced and new then.
Scary market to completely retool a sled for any company.
The changes that are being made are actually pretty dam big and often.
Who can actually ride a sled to full potential?
Not to many and those that can really appreciate the iron out there now.
I hear you on the marketing but its about sales and every salesman(company) is about as reputable as a lawyer.
Study your products and buy what is best for yourself, they are all pretty dam good.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boycot sledding for 5 years and then come back.
It will all seem advanced and new then.
Scary market to completely retool a sled for any company.
The changes that are being made are actually pretty dam big and often.
Who can actually ride a sled to full potential?
Not to many and those that can really appreciate the iron out there now.
I hear you on the marketing but its about sales and every salesman is about as reputable as a lawyer.
Study your products and buy what is best for yourself.

I agree, kudos to polaris for bringing out a new sled during these times. I figured covid would of delayed big releases.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, kudos to polaris for bringing out a new sled during these times. I figured covid would of delayed big releases.

I definatly don't need a new sled with 998km on my 2019 175 Doo.

But I ordered a Patriot Matryx RMK Slash anway just because it should be fun!
Boost is always fun!

Last edited:

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the sled mags are boasting about your custom stitched seat

Attachments

• Yamaha.jpg
    Yamaha.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 293

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How Yamaha is still in the sled business is beyond me.

Because out east they probably sell a crap ton of sidewinders in the trail segment. The mountain riders are such a small part of the sales that obviously Yamaha doesn't see a return in the investment, or at least a big enough of one. Which is sad because they have so much 4 stroke technology from Moto GP that they could easily build a light weight 4 stroke engine that would be way ahead of anything currently offered in a mountain sled.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because out east they probably sell a crap ton of sidewinders in the trail segment. The mountain riders are such a small part of the sales that obviously Yamaha doesn't see a return in the investment, or at least a big enough of one. Which is sad because they have so much 4 stroke technology from Moto GP that they could easily build a light weight 4 stroke engine that would be way ahead of anything currently offered in a mountain sled.

Good point, edit... how Yamaha is still in the mountain sled business is beyond me.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently dropped 25 lbs on the MTN Max ....
It’s the same weight as the Alpha now in the 154SL, not available in the 165. Last year you could only get the mountain max with electric start and the big gas tank with the couch seat. Yamaha sure gets the short end of the stick from Cat. Why can’t there be a 165 SL?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s the same weight as the Alpha now in the 154SL, not available in the 165. Last year you could only get the mountain max with electric start and the big gas tank with the couch seat. Yamaha sure gets the short end of the stick from Cat. Why can’t there be a 165 SL?

that's next years big release...
and a new clutch!

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly, the sidewinder is so fricken dialed. The turbo and engine setup is very refined and it's a hell of machine. If they took what they've learned about the chassis and built their own, they would have a beautiful unit. But this will never happen. I've accepted that I'll be riding my 17 mtx forever. And I'm okay with that because it's the most fun thing I've swung a leg over. I hope the industry continues to progress boosted two strokes and maybe one day I'll own one from skidoo.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly, the sidewinder is so fricken dialed. The turbo and engine setup is very refined and it's a hell of machine. If they took what they've learned about the chassis and built their own, they would have a beautiful unit. But this will never happen. I've accepted that I'll be riding my 17 mtx forever. And I'm okay with that because it's the most fun thing I've swung a leg over. I hope the industry continues to progress boosted two strokes and maybe one day I'll own one from skidoo.

Ya I'm in the same boat, my 2017 will be getting a huge make over in the off-season. Hoping to get it under 590 ready to ride and move weight off the nose.

Rn4

Reaction score
Yep, make all this hype for a early release and the sites down lol

Top Bottom