Talk about a FLOP

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never had board issues with my xm, actually we talked about the snow build up in the two pros with our group compared to the xm yesterday, which snow turned heavy and wet

Biggest thing is the doo powder coated tunnel, the snow doesn't stick, like a natural aluminum tunnel ( like polaris or kitty has)

That's the biggest thing I see
I guess you've only ridden with base model proclimbs, as the Ltd has had a powdercoated tunnel since 2012, and all models excluding the base unit have it now. Come to think of it, the PC had powdercoated tunnel before the XM did... just saying.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess you've only ridden with base model proclimbs, as the Ltd has had a powdercoated tunnel since 2012, and all models excluding the base unit have it now. Come to think of it, the PC had powdercoated tunnel before the XM did... just saying.
Well the kitty's at the cabin when we talked were all non painted

And actually the 2010 xp x spring check was the first powder coated tunnel

Not a kitty, just saying

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the kitty's at the cabin when we talked were all non painted

And actually the 2010 xp x spring check was the first powder coated tunnel

Not a kitty, just saying

Not so fast tex....2010 M8 LE Cat...powder coated tunnel..... don't make statements without knowing the facts......lol

Cat 2010 M8153LE.jpg

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not so fast tex....2010 M8 LE Cat...powder coated tunnel..... don't make statements without knowing the facts......lol

View attachment 195508
Actually, now that I think about it the 2008 M was available in a "nightfire" package, which had a black powder coated tunnel and bulkhead. And didn't the old Mountain Max from Yamaha in 2000 or 2001 have a painted tunnel? For that matter, most manufacturers had painted tunnels in the 90's, too - paint went away due to weight and cost. Regardless, it's a moot point. Every manufacturer offers some sort of painted / powder coated chassis this year, and I've never bought the base model from any brand, whether it be Ski-Doo, Polaris, or Cat (never owned a Yamaha aside from a 1984 Phazer).

geo

Reaction score
I think they all get together every year (except Yamaha only comes once a decade) and divy out "the big years" by pulling straws (Cat's bin darn unlucky last bit, eh).

Poo was very, very gracious this year to Doo IMO. Probably just tired of crating sleds, maybe need some excitement in the lunchroom again and want to move along with the next gen of skinny and light. Maybe even marketing was the bottom line because you actually have to have opponents to have a race.

Whatever the reason good on you die hard Doo guys. Loyalty eventually pays off. You finally get to experience a bit skinnier and lighter and the fun it brings to sleddin'. You even get to have a light strong cast stuff like bulkhead and boards. I know that's nothing new but I godda ask,,, how did you put up with that flexy bendy stuff for so long?

Room for your knees? Something smaller than the sofa for a seat? No more street cruiser switch gear? Great ideas, enjoy.
I bet next year you even get snow check options.

I godda request something though. Since I hear a lot about "paneling out" blah blah blah and even "flickable", not again,,, from the Doo models on the Doo vids this year, PLEASE, please don't spend the next season trying to explain it.
You really, really don't have to 'cause most of us already know.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, now that I think about it the 2008 M was available in a "nightfire" package, which had a black powder coated tunnel and bulkhead. And didn't the old Mountain Max from Yamaha in 2000 or 2001 have a painted tunnel? For that matter, most manufacturers had painted tunnels in the 90's, too - paint went away due to weight and cost. Regardless, it's a moot point. Every manufacturer offers some sort of painted / powder coated chassis this year, and I've never bought the base model from any brand, whether it be Ski-Doo, Polaris, or Cat (never owned a Yamaha aside from a 1984 Phazer).

I have my dads 1974 340 Olympique parked in the shop and it has a black tunnel with a "centalized" motor as the fuel tank is in the front.
It has about a 34" ski stance and I'll tell you if there is one thing that sled can doo it's lay on its side.
It did not carve through the trees very well........we just ran them over!
And talk about a tough motor, it went through my dad and his three sons on the same pistons and track - oh and it still runs! But I have been looking for a RKTEC top end update!
Same clutch also which is amazing as this powerhouse pulle 6 square bales on the skidder if you started down hill befor the secound rider hopped on - thats right it hauled two people!

You guys fighting over your new iron and how good it is or isn't - come see me in 42 years and tell me how it's running.

25 pages of bickering over toys - some serious first world problems going on here.
Just trying to do my part to slow this down before before it actually does pass the half ton thread.

Yikes!!!

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

View attachment 195508
Well there ya go, same year tho, and I can only imagine that doo had the revealing first as per normal

So a few days first

As far as the older ones, I said powder coated, not painted

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys obviously ride warmer snow. Where in at its typically a very dry powder and the boards never plug up and I've never had that exhaust issue or air vent issue. I could see all of that being an issue if the snow you ride is a bit on the heavier side for sure.

Air frames are great we installed them on every XP chassis sled but not required I the XM there is no advantage. Well again maybe if you ride Crap snow then sorry about your luck I guess

I've never had board issues with my xm, actually we talked about the snow build up in the two pros with our group compared to the xm yesterday, which snow turned heavy and wet

Biggest thing is the doo powder coated tunnel, the snow doesn't stick, like a natural aluminum tunnel ( like polaris or kitty has)

That's the biggest thing I see

Holey **** guys. now the snow condition makes a difference as to what running boards work and what don.t. I don't have the luxury of picking the snow I ride in. Generally if it's white I ride in it. If it builds up on the boards I Knock It Off. Notice I capitalized Knock It Off? Take the hint and Knock It Off. Load your sleds and get out there and ride.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess Revy never gets snow dry enough for XM running boards to work? Sh!t seamed pretty dry to me. It was dry enough to plug the air intakes ever 30 seconds. Mind you maybe your idea of deep is different or maybe you don't turn or side hill in deep snow.
You guys obviously ride warmer snow. Where in at its typically a very dry powder and the boards never plug up and I've never had that exhaust issue or air vent issue. I could see all of that being an issue if the snow you ride is a bit on the heavier side for sure.

Air frames are great we installed them on every XP chassis sled but not required I the XM there is no advantage. Well again maybe if you ride Crap snow then sorry about your luck I guess

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Note to moderators: Why are the two dozen likes not showing up on this post???
evidently not one doo rider. A while back on this thread there was a post that said that the current xm running boards were "no problem" what a crock of bs. I have went through a bottle of advil treating sore legs from constantly stomping snow through running boards on a t3 174. Another significant problem the current doo has is in very deep powder the air intakes plug constantly, also when you side hill on the exhaust side in very deep snow the exhaust recirculates in to the engine compartment and when the barometric relief finally does open to keep the engine alive it chokes on its own exhaust. If you don't know this your probably just another know it all doo key board jockey, don't care how many days you go to the cabin. Don't get me wrong i love my doo, but bs threads like this make me want to change brands just so i am not associated with this holy doo sh!t!!! Ps this is my second year riding.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtV9Sl1KJk8&sns=em

legendary dudes ride Polaris

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gotta go pack, going sledding for few days to Mcbride and the epicenter of all mountain sledding acording to Maxwell..........valemount.

I am certain this thread will be just as entertaining when I get back. Be so much valuable information to catch up on!:deadhorse::deadhorse:

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess Revy never gets snow dry enough for XM running boards to work? Sh!t seamed pretty dry to me. It was dry enough to plug the air intakes ever 30 seconds. Mind you maybe your idea of deep is different or maybe you don't turn or side hill in deep snow.

Your right I don't ride deep snow. Here's today

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457304068.682554.jpg

Top Bottom