T850 trenching

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some guys that have changed out the secondary setup on a NA 850 have seen an impressive difference in performance. That turbo secondary setup is what guys were running in the mid season of 2017.HP means squat to me if the power is not getting to the ground properly. Rpm does not necessarily mean good trackspeed.

Shhhhhhhh.........nothing to see here. Move along.....

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that snowmobile is reading more sensors than anything else on the snow and making thousands of calculations per second as to how that boost comes on. Thats all im going to say about that.

also, 174 vs 165 your going to have more traction out of the hole. next time, try easing into the throttle in a drag race rather than putting it to the bar. See what happens ;)

Okay I will tell the owner that if he wants to beat a Polaris he will have to follow your throttle procedure. Also traction was good for all. As I said whoever started first held their position.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like while they were on the levelish land the game was pretty even.
As soon as they started on the steeper part the turbo walked away.
Don't think there would be reason to sand bag with the Expert.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell is talking about something else I believe, and referencing that the turbo need load to get the max boost. With the secondary intake on that sled who knows what the computer is doing to that sled.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell is talking about something else I believe, and referencing that the turbo need load to get the max boost. With the secondary intake on that sled who knows what the computer is doing to that sled.

Yes
That is why the turbo pulled away as soon as the terrain got steeper.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes
That is why the turbo pulled away as soon as the terrain got steeper.

Yes,

furthermore that test wasnt even in deep snow. i havent had a good DEEP snow day since the first weekend the 850T was released. you know the snow where all the sleds are moving 10 ft and stuck? where you go 5ft above your buddies after track poaching them to try and get out of an area? this is where the 850T shines in ground speed.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that snowmobile is reading more sensors than anything else on the snow and making thousands of calculations per second as to how that boost comes on. Thats all im going to say about that.

So your saying that there is a sensor to tell it when it's climbing a hill to build boost?? Mashing the throttle isn't enough indication that you want all it has???

also, 174 vs 165 your going to have more traction out of the hole. next time, try easing into the throttle in a drag race rather than putting it to the bar. See what happens ;)

Your 165 x 16 has more track on the ground than a 174 x 15 = the doo has more traction out of the hole!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not familiar with DYNO systems at all. these say Hot Pipe Comparison..... how is that conducted? How would that relate to doing a long downhill decent in fresh snow at 1/4 throttle then spinning a 180 to go back uphill right to the bar. that wouldnt be a hot pipe would it...?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not familiar with DYNO systems at all. these say Hot Pipe Comparison..... how is that conducted? How would that relate to doing a long downhill decent in fresh snow at 1/4 throttle then spinning a 180 to go back uphill right to the bar. that wouldnt be a hot pipe would it...?

yes would say so or even hitting the hill 2 or 3 times in a row. as apose to letting the sled sit and then fire up and hit the hill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our best dyno is our tach and speedo, we need clutching to adjust from 7800 to 8100 and see at what RPMS we get the most MPH and track speed.
I still have lots of testing to do.

Boost Monster

Reaction score
I just got Joey’s Turbo Kit for my T850 to test with in the mail today. Like all his other kits I had I’m sure this will be awesome! 3FEEB66D-95FC-4CBB-9CC9-F496671574ED.jpeg Lots of others parts in the bottom of the box you can’t see that’s Joe builds ����

Last edited:
Top Bottom