T3 Ski Rubber Block Problem

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but my dealership literally advertises NO LIMITS .. thats why I bought from them

maybe that's why they gave me a free rubber puck ;)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
but my dealership literally advertises NO LIMITS .. thats why I bought from them

maybe that's why they gave me a free rubber puck ;)

I'd give you some more green rep but I have to pass it around before giving you some more.

You are sharp today! Maybe most days you are sharp and you save the humor for your riding buds......:beer: :beer:

Mtdgt

Reaction score
Last time I flew over my handlebars and broke one of the mounts for my windshield and bent by handlebars forward. Lucky I wear a teck vest.
I haven't been advised of any bulletins, but if you look at the ski bushing/spacer it is not equally spaced on either side of the spindle. This causes the rubber block to be stressed on one side rather than equally causing the rubber black to split. The spacer needs to be cut in half and then placed on each side of the spindle, this will help.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't been advised of any bulletins, but if you look at the ski bushing/spacer it is not equally spaced on either side of the spindle. This causes the rubber block to be stressed on one side rather than equally causing the rubber black to split. The spacer needs to be cut in half and then placed on each side of the spindle, this will help.

I'll be giving this a go.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Tom's sells a kit for that with greaseless bushings and he is big on the need for getting the spindle centered on the ski. Google Tom's Snowmobile Parts......:snow:

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While maybe more common, this problem isn't exclusive to the T3s. I went through several sets on my xm last season. I also centred my skis, just as pictured above.
As noted, poos have the same problem and some people on the poo forum are using doo rubbers with a better result.
I experimented with a few things last season, including a metal plate between the spindle and rubber to try and distribute the load better. While the results were good, the durability of my plate was a problem. Ultimately, the tip of the spindle needs to be wider to prevent it from cutting into the rubber.

Top Bottom