T3 Ski Rubber Block Problem

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I seem to have an issue with my skis on my 163-T3. When carving in powder that heavy it seems like my skis keep going striaght up and down and staying that way, thus throwing me over the handle bars as its like an anchor into the snow. You then have to turn the sled on the side and reset the ski manully by turning it. This has now happened 5 times on the right ski and once on the left ski, in 15 days of riding. I dropped it off at the dealer today, they indicated there is technical service bulletin on this issue from Skidoo. Anyone else had this problem.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in another thread someone was saying the rubber damper/ski stopper is splitting.

Last edited:
  • Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I found a review on a site about this as well. This was on Snowmobile.com

In like manner, Kevin and I mirrored Gingery’s feats, which were easily performed in the waist-deep powder. However, when Kevin was cutting downhill U-turns, the uphill Pilot DS 3 ski settled into the soft snow, flipped up – ski hoop to snowmobile nose – bringing his momentum to an immediate halt. This brings us to another question – will the new deep-keeled narrow tipped DS 3 ski be reactive, bouncing up and down in deep-snow conditions as the ski momentarily encounters hard packed conditions?
Screenshot (38).jpg

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup the rubber splits. Already had to replace two in under 700k. It's Kinda annoying when you go to do a aggressive carve and the ski just goes flat and tosses you over lol

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not just a T3 ski thing either. Happened to me 5 times one day on my 15 Free ride. Maybe they changed the rubber compound?

s2h

Reaction score
Happens on my T3 all the time as well. Its pretty annoying and makes it a little difficult when the sled is not predictable in those situations. If someone finds a solution I would be glad to try it.

S2H

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Skidoo has a Service Bulletin on this, I will get a copy. The rubber is different. Hoping to get mine on warranted. I have to replace the windshield myself, even though this is what caused me to go over the bars thus damaging the windshield. Thanks to Sean Maxwell, he has several and offered me one for no charge.

Last edited:

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A "Technical Bulletin" only gets looked after (Warranty) if you have an issue or complain about it?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yes, in most case a techical service bulletin will be put through under warranty if complained about .... Not all sleds will have this problem, but the ones that doo, may have a technical service bulletin that could possibly correct an issue.

Cars and truck manufacturers are the same way.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just a thought, are all or most of the sleds with the problem running Raptor shocks? I have no problem with them on mine and I have stock shocks. Maybe the Raptors are doo-ing what they doo in the bumps but the rubber isn't holding up to the bashing from the spindle on the ski.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought, are all or most of the sleds with the problem running Raptor shocks? I have no problem with them on mine and I have stock shocks. Maybe the Raptors are doo-ing what they doo in the bumps but the rubber isn't holding up to the bashing from the spindle on the ski.

My Freeride did the same thing last year. 1500km and they are shot. They are a 20$ wear part. No big deal.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lol that's possible. Those shocks take an absolute beating. 2 foot whoops at 80kmh no problem you might be onto something. No one else would be doing that with stock shocks

Top Bottom