T3 ride reports

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We want to hear about your T3 experience? What happens when you find the steep and deep? How is it on hardpack? How is it on the trail?
Post em up!

CHASEWINTERS

Reaction score
Hey, new to skidoo this year coming off a 13' 163 pro. I am wondering where to setup the limiter strap. It was tie strapped down when I picked up my 174 T3, I haven't yet adjusted it.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Keep it stock, last thing you should ever touch, If your heavy maybe put in a stiffer spring if you can set the sag properly! There is a lot of great info here but I see too many people doing stuff to their new sleds based off of older technology! The t3 needs a skid plate and grill kit, then just ride and go for 95%, just have fun and go!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're all full of it. It's a 3" it's crap everywhere but the deep lol.

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep it stock, last thing you should ever touch, If your heavy maybe put in a stiffer spring if you can set the sag properly! There is a lot of great info here but I see too many people doing stuff to their new sleds based off of older technology! The t3 needs a skid plate and grill kit, then just ride and go for 95%, just have fun and go!

Thats exactly what I wanted to hear! Coming off a 2013 pro, hoping for better results on my first ride then blowing a driveshaft at 50km's.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Perfect!! That's what I did.

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well this thread is interesting, lol.....don't know if people are being sarcastic or not....

loosening the limiter strap - decreases ski pressure = less responsive steering on hard pack, more ski lift, more trenching due to increased attack angle, front end out of snow more in the deep stuff.

tighting the limited strap - increases ski pressure = more responsive steering on hard park, less ski lift, climbs and gets on top of snow better due to shallowing up the attack angle.

I tend end to set up my machines looser, already loosened my limiter strap onmy t3, just better suits my riding style. Like the feel of the light feeling front end, and a little more trench for ripping around trees. On my turbo I had them sucked up to attempt to keep the front end down, helped but still didn't work, it was the only machine I ran tightened up..

Stock is is a good all round setting. Try it there to start. Then tighten it all the wall up try it, the. Loosen and try it. You will see a huge difference in how it handles in climbing, trees, trail up, etc.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
VERY happy with how my 163 T3 is working,,, I'll put it this way; sickest sled I've ever rode.

So if you were to jump back and forth between your T3 and an XM, what would be the biggest difference? Just hook up that much better? Or are there more differences?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if you were to jump back and forth between your T3 and an XM, what would be the biggest difference? Just hook up that much better? Or are there more differences?

other than the 3" track giving more bite, what else would there be?

Top Bottom