T3 clutch work

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No one in Canada that I know of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crap, I can get one already installed in a spring cup out of the states but with the exchange rate that's a very expensive spring cup.

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought the Ski-Doo one. I look and see if I can find the number

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crap, I can get one already installed in a spring cup out of the states but with the exchange rate that's a very expensive spring cup.

Take an old one and send it down to John rather than buy a complete one. It doesn't matter the condition and he will likely just do an exchange on it anyways.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take an old one and send it down to John rather than buy a complete one. It doesn't matter the condition and he will likely just do an exchange on it anyways.

I talked to him about it, about a week ago.
It was about 50bucks canadian in the difference but i need to find a old spring cup. I threw my old one out about 7 mths ago.

I may just bite the bullet and order one. Im really curious on the claims.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DTH

Reaction score
I talked to him about it, about a week ago.
It was about 50bucks canadian in the difference but i need to find a old spring cup. I threw my old one out about 7 mths ago.

I may just bite the bullet and order one. Im really curious on the claims.

How much is a new one from him???

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the Doo tool

Attachments

• tool 2.jpg
    tool 2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 250

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The heads of the bolts are taller than the torx screws. If the secondary hits full shiftout the bolts can contact the tower. Now this was back in the XP days and I have not heard of it happening with the longer jackshafts. Or guys just quit using bolts, I dunno.

I just use the doo clutch tools. Easy/fast helix changes without removing the chaincase cover.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The heads of the bolts are taller than the torx screws. If the secondary hits full shiftout the bolts can contact the tower. Now this was back in the XP days and I have not heard of it happening with the longer jackshafts. Or guys just quit using bolts, I dunno.

I just use the doo clutch tools. Easy/fast helix changes without removing the chaincase cover.

Have the bolts installed on both of mine. Been like that for a couple years. No issues with tower contact.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just finished putting in this kit from Joey ! also put it the clutch maintenance kit

I just put Joey's kit on my '16 T3 a couple weekends ago. I had his mountain kit on my '08 XP and it was awesome. I wasn't overly impressed with the backshift on my stock XM last winter, so I decided to go with Joey's kit again.
I had the C&T clutch tool kit from my XP, I had to get the secondary tool as they have changed from threads to an expanding friction fit, and my puller bolt is different on the XM than the XP, but I use the water method to pop the primary off, and I can still use the old bolt puller to separate the sheaves.
Now if we could get some snow so I can test my setup before our revy trip next month.

twumba

Reaction score

I've been reading about the spring cup from Big John, anybody have real world results with it?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been reading about the spring cup from Big John, anybody have real world results with it?

I don't but have known him for a number of years and take his experience and description as being accurate. Just remember this is just one piece of many that contribute to a better performing package overall. Just going to an oil lite bushing most likely won't be felt with your thumb dyno but contributes to the sled shifting in and out.

Just like his Rave mod isn't a big performer for hp but it helps with the lean mid range. This is good as the sleds typically spend a lot of time in the mid range and the 800r has been lean through the mid since its introduction.

This winter you will likely be able to get more feedback as more guys run it.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even if it doesn't improve performance much it's got to last longer than that crap fibre bushing Doo has been using. Toast those every ~1500km

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just installed one of John's spring cups. The tolerances are a lot tighter than a brand new doo fiber bushed one.

beatty

Reaction score
Ran bakers clutching since 2011 on my last three sleds really like his work , smart guy but he usually likes to run different ramps, changes pin weight, and usually some gearing depending if you running belt drive or not.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks beatty that is what he did as well as a bit stiffer spring on secondary . He did say I could gear down one tooth because I have a 174, but I should try it like this . Daryl said it will hold rpms better. Can't wait to try it . Lets all do the snow dance.

Top Bottom