T3 clutch work

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has any one had the Daryl Baker clutch mod done. Is it worth it ? Or is it only good for hill climbing?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats right, he has used race clutches or machined his own TRA's, he has also used Shockwave helixs, not sure what else.

Daryl's stuff is usually going to give you more gains for climbing but its not to say its not beneficial for all other riding.

catrutt, if you can say what he suggested for your sled it helps with determining what the pros and cons are.

That being said there are numerous other options and it is more dependent on what you feel your sled lacks so you can choose which product helps you the most.

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
there is a big difference between the race clutch and a machined stock clutch. the race clutches have a different taper on the clutch sheaves. that is why they spool much quicker, yes they are lighter as well, but the spool up is attributed to the sheaves more than weight. i've ran the race tra on my etec and it made a huge difference racing 660 feet, but because of the lighter weight it was a pain in the arse going into reverse because the clutch doesnt carry enough inertia to fire the motor back up in reverse.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can cut the faces on a standard TRA to get a different taper or any other clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way more to be gained with good clutches , gearing and clutching .
d1bd3ffdab12809d3e1af7f26b72c8e8.jpg

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just finished putting in this kit from Joey ! also put it the clutch maintenance kit

Attachments

• 361.jpg
    361.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 381

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should have added the oil lite bushing mod to the governor cup while you were at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you guys using for clutch tools? When I put a DJ kit on my'04 I could build a home kit, but I don't think I can use it on my T3. Sorry for the hijack

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you guys using for clutch tools? When I put a DJ kit on my'04 I could build a home kit, but I don't think I can use it on my T3. Sorry for the hijack

For secondary the Dalton tool is nice with the torx wrench from SPI....so you don't need to remove the jackshaft from machine.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
primary tools are similar to 04 - but secondary tool to remove helix is a bit different ! Makes it alot easier on and off within minutes if youve removed torqx head bolts and installed regular hex head bolts

Attachments

• 366.jpg
    366.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 290
Top Bottom