t3 174

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good Morn Can anyone tell me who or where I can get a bigger rad for this Machine. Thanks

Is your machine running hot? Seen a few T3's that seem to run much hotter than others.. I don't regularly run scratchers, guy in our group has to put them in the parking lot or overheating in a couple k.. Not sure why the difference.. Coolant possibly.

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Machine has 2 sets of scratcher on it. Just can not handle any trail riding? Seems for some reason dose not throw much snow up onto cooler.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe adding a cooler up front like the boost it cooler setup for the pro.

I don't think adding another cooler would be a big job as long as there is a convenient location for it.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The powder freaks one works great. I got mine from Dean at Mad Motorsports. I run 3 bars all the time now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limbo

Reaction score
I didn't have any issues with my T3 last year even riding low or sometimes no snow up the trail to the mountains. I have the flap full length and the factory scratchers.

When you say can't handle trail riding at all what do you mean by this? Is it too many bars on the temp display or warning lights and beeps? Can you describe the trail riding, because if you are following a little one around on a 120 mini sled on groomed trail etc I doubt any anything other than a different sled will help you.

Do you have your snow flap cut or run it flipped back?
How fast do you run the trails, the track must spin fast enough to throw up onto the cooler. Blipping the throttle occasionally should spin the track and help with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found if I had my rear suspension spring on the softest setting it lower the rear of the sled a little, catches more snow into the tunnel. Crank it back up once you off the trail.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Purchased a turbo 174 t3 in March and had some concerns with heating as well, and yes it runs hotter than my other 174 with longer heat exchangers, but with scratchers down and pull over cool downs on poor trail snow till snow gets better, it was not much a problem over all..

Still do think the longer exchanger is the right thing, but stock t3 should work as well

pepperhouse

Reaction score
Purchased a turbo 174 t3 in March and had some concerns with heating as well, and yes it runs hotter than my other 174 with longer heat exchangers, but with scratchers down and pull over cool downs on poor trail snow till snow gets better, it was not much a problem over all..

Still do think the longer exchanger is the right thing, but stock t3 should work as well

Hey Fred off topic but how's the impulse compared to the aero?

Top Bottom