T Motion on 2011 XP

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about putting a T Motion kit on my 2011 summit. Looking for opinions, is it worth the time and money? Pros cons?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put it in my 2010 xpx

Made a big difference, to initiate it to come over

Still have the 38 inch stock arms in and non flex track

Flex track I think would make it that much better, a S36 kit would go one step more

But it's my wife's sled and she likes it stable on the trail compared to my xm, so I have left it at that for now

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A riding buddy has a 12XP with T motion, flex edge, S36 with DS2's, basically an XM. Loves it, especially the price tag. Good opportunity to 3"...

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put it in my 2010 xpx

Made a big difference, to initiate it to come over

Still have the 38 inch stock arms in and non flex track

Flex track I think would make it that much better, a S36 kit would go one step more

But it's my wife's sled and she likes it stable on the trail compared to my xm, so I have left it at that for now

what is involved in the install. easy to do?

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a six pack job, couple hours tops, instructions are a little ****ty as they are for 3 different years and versions. But easy to do.

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a six pack job, couple hours tops, instructions are a little ****ty as they are for 3 different years and versions. But easy to do.

few threads on DooTalk saying guys were bending rear spring bars and acceleration link bars, these threads were from 2010'ish. Any idea has BRP fixed this problem? this is the only then stopping me from ordering the kit

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about putting a T Motion kit on my 2011 summit. Looking for opinions, is it worth the time and money? Pros cons?

I wouldn't worry about the a flex edge track IMO.
Post forward and spindles you will be very close to the xm as your front end is already narrow. "S36"
The track thing IMO only works on the cement floor or hard pack. Each to there own I guess.
I would spend money on airframe boards . Best mod I have done.

dustrg1128

Reaction score
I have 2012 146" insalling t-motion was easy. Didn't notice much difference untill I broke the track to make it a flex edge. Borrowed the tool from Trent and Martin South side.
I love how easy it is to throw over now. Definitely worth it to break the track.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2012 146" insalling t-motion was easy. Didn't notice much difference untill I broke the track to make it a flex edge. Borrowed the tool from Trent and Martin South side.
I love how easy it is to throw over now. Definitely worth it to break the track.

does track need to be removed to break it? Do they rent out this tool?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
few threads on DooTalk saying guys were bending rear spring bars and acceleration link bars, these threads were from 2010'ish. Any idea has BRP fixed this problem? this is the only then stopping me from ordering the kit

That was the 08-09 xp cause the front shock is a different length

• Thanks
Reactions: JZ1

dustrg1128

Reaction score
does track need to be removed to break it? Do they rent out this tool?
No track stays on. You just drill a little hole into each rod and break them so it'll flex. The tool is just a jig for drilling and bending the track untill it snaps the rod inside.
Not sure where to find it but it wouldn't be hard to make one.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed it on my 2012 freeride and it is worth it. Also did the 36" front end. Haven't broke the track yet but one day I'll do it.

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get track breaking tool in Alberta or is the tool even necessary?

Top Bottom