Synthetic oil

Deanoxc

Reaction score
Is there an advantage to using the brand name synthetic 2 stroke oil, or are the knock-offs that are cheaper as good?

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run polaris gold in my rmk 700 and ams oil in my apex...... i would just run yamaha oil in yammis, ski-doo in ski-doos, just get it from ur dealer, best for ur sled in my opinion

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use Amsoil interceptor synthetic 2stroke and have no problem. If I run the
cheap chit I foul plugs...My2cents

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run arctic cat powervalve synthetic in my Yami, why? Cause arctic is the only dealer in town haha. Still works great.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the Shell Advance Synthetic. I seems to burn good and goes on sale at Canadian Tire about twice a year during the sledding season.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the Shell Advance Synthetic. I seems to burn good and goes on sale at Canadian Tire about twice a year during the sledding season.

deadly oil i run it in both my sleds and my boys dirtbike...sweet smell when burning also...

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will only run what the manufactuer said I should run in my sled....$13,000 sled, $50 jug of oil VS. $25......No brainer for me. Maybe its just as good but I am not willing to chance it.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
deadly oil i run it in both my sleds and my boys dirtbike...sweet smell when burning also...

Another vote for Shell. I've used it in 4 different sleds now and can't remember the last time I actually had to really clean power valves. Always check 'em, and they're always clean. :)

djpred

Reaction score
I also run Shell advance synthetic....Never had any issues. It has gone up in price though....even at Canadian tire. Anyone seen it on sale yet?

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree with "takethebounce" i only run the best. what are you riding ttb anyway ?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree with "takethebounce" i only run the best. what are you riding ttb anyway ?

09 XP, not a big power house turbo yammy, but not willing to sacrifice a voided warranty due to other lower costing lubes.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also run Shell advance synthetic....Never had any issues. It has gone up in price though....even at Canadian tire. Anyone seen it on sale yet?

I usually buy it by the case at the bulk plant. Haven't checked this year, but the last two years it was about the same price as CT's sale price.

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
Agreed on the Shell Advance Synthetic, have used it for many years with proof of great protection. At rebuild time, motors always look barely broken in and powervalves always stay clean. Also, had great success with Amsoil Interceptor and Dominator. Right now I'm running XPS Semi-Syn because the Doo rep in the area, who is a friend, swears up and down that after YEARS of extremely rigorous testing XPS Semi-Syn is one of the best oils out there. Even better than the full Syn.....

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will only run what the manufactuer said I should run in my sled....$13,000 sled, $50 jug of oil VS. $25......No brainer for me. Maybe its just as good but I am not willing to chance it.

X2 Run what the manufacture recommends.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shell Advance is going on sale at the canadian tire next week I was told,17th I think.

Harp

Reaction score
Spectro Platinum Full Synthetic

Syn-Sno Full Synthetic Powervalve Formula
This low ash, low pour synthetic lubricant keeps power valves and exhaust systems free of carbon deposits. No engine oil burns cleaner. Virtually smokeless, and flows to -57° Centigrade. May also be used as a pre-mix oil for racing applications. Excellent performance in Rotax snowmobile engine tests. Exceeds JASO FD, ISO-L-EGD + and API TC test requirements. For use in all — any year, no restrictions — two-cycle Arctic-Cat, Polaris, Yamaha, and Ski-Doo snowmobile engines.

Top Bottom